ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Old Marshall shred master pedal question?

4/2/2005 9:28 PM
Munk Old Marshall shred master pedal question?
I've been looking to find one of these pedals but really seems scarce these dayz.  
Where could I find a schemo for this pedal, it's the one with the black case, I believe was the original design.  

Also anyone own one of these and what did they think of the distortion quality and the low and on this pedal?  

Thanks  

Munk

4/5/2005 11:39 AM
Matt
Schemo is here:  
http://www.diystompboxes.com/pedals/index2.html  

Scroll down to 'Marshall'.  

I have one and the distortion was pretty good for the particular sound it had. It's kind of a high-gain tone but not like a Mesa. Not as 'heavy'. They are kind of noisy (mostly hiss) and tend to squeal at higher volumes/gain. I have one with a bad/intermittent switch (common with all of those older Marshall black boxes) and some scratchy pots. I even have the original box. Lemme know if you want it. I don't use it anymore and don't really feel like replacing the switch.  

Oh yea, they have a decent amount of low-end. Most of those old black Marshall pedals had a bass control and that helps. They don't castrate the low end like some pedals do.

4/5/2005 9:42 PM
Munk
Hey Matt,  
How much you wanting for this pedal?  

Just curious as Im still debating over buying one.  
Thanks  

Munk

Page 1 of 1