ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Anyone Familiar with Crybaby 535 Wah

3/28/2005 9:06 AM
Troy
email
Anyone Familiar with Crybaby 535 Wah
Hi, I've got an opportunity to pick up a Crybaby 535 (not Q) model wah pedal and was wondering if anyone is familiar with this pedal? I'm not too familiar with wah's in general, I've been reading some but don't see this model discussed.  

Does anyone know if it has true bypass? Is there a schematic available? I opened it up and the switch is on a small circuit board connected with a small molex; would this be a chore to "true bypass" or is it necessary?  

thanks for all info!  

Troy

3/28/2005 12:15 PM
Matt
I have one. Not true bypass. Can't help you there. I think this model came out just before the 535Q and the 535Q replaced it. I never hear/see them either, always the 535Q.  

I think it's a decent wah, I used it for years. My opinion is that one wah does not fit all. What works for high-gain solo work doesn't always work so well for clean, funky chord work (just an example). I still like my 535 for high-gain leads. It's not as 'vocal' as some wahs but 'quacks' pretty good. HTH.

Page 1 of 1