ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. The sunn still shines online!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Re: Question for Mr.Vex on Fuzz Factory.

:
3/11/2004 3:23 PM
A Colman
Re: Question for Mr.Vex on Fuzz Factory.
Always a delight reading your posts and point well taken.Glad i'm not in your "bad book".  
I also know that this will come up again and that you and I might be compelled to intevene/answer etc. which I welcome from you and look forward to on my part.  
In no way shape or form I was trying to silence your well balanced/polite/fair opinions.Boy,that sound like most canadians I know.........  
Take care  
Aharon

3/11/2004 3:38 PM
Mark Hammer
I'll make it even more "canadian" and apologize for taking up too much space. ;)

3/13/2004 10:37 AM
Humbucker A few words in my own defence.
A few words in my own defence.  

Well, first of all, to A. Coleman I want to tell you that you're dead wrong in your insinuating that I'm aware that there's some sort of fuss on this BB about ZVEX and his designs being used by DIYers out there. That really bugs me.  

Yes, I'm on this site often but I don't have the luxury to spend much time when I do check-in as I'm not online at home. So yes, you've seen me post here often enough but I don't get to read as many posts as I'd like, so there. When I used to have internet at home I would read through just about everything on this website, that ain't the case anymore. So if there's been some problems with ZVEX and others I wasn't aware of it, ok?!  

As for asking for particulars about a given design, I guess I'm just used to dealing with guys like Joe Gagan, etc... people that love to give information. But if a designer doesn't want to share information I'm totally ok with that too, I can completely see that side of it too. When I seen this FF schematic at Pedals4Proles, I thought the line at the bottom "I grant you permission to copy and distribute with reckless abandon" or something along those lines, I honestly thought that it was from ZVEX himself! I guess not!  

So all the power to ZVEX, I won't even attempt to build this pedal now.

3/13/2004 11:58 AM
A Colman

No wonder there's all this turmoil in the world,peolpe don't communicate very well.  
I thought I was rather on your corner but if you feel otherwise I apologize.  
Aharon

3/15/2004 4:32 AM
Humbucker Sorry for any offence.
I didn't want to come off like that A.Coleman, so no harm was meant, sorry. I too am a Canadian BTW, I'm in New Brunswick.  

This is the best BB for technical help, you guys really know your stuff.  

I'm an electrician by trade and any little bit of electronics that I've picked up was during my apprenticeship but most of it has come from reading posts from real electronic dudes like the ones on this board.  

Thanks to all and have a nice day. 8^)

3/15/2004 9:02 AM
A Colman

Humbucker,why didn't you say you were canadian in the first place eh?.  
No worries,I wasn't ticked off or anything and I didn't think you were either,just trading thoughts.  
Take care.  
Aharon

3/15/2004 9:32 AM
Mark Hammer Important lesson to be learned
If I may cite Canadian media guru Marshall McLuhan (whom I had the delight to briefly chat with when I was 15), the medium is the message.  

In all of the debate over public posting of protected or wish-it-was-protected information, one of the things that has not come out explicitly, but is clearly underscored here, is that once something IS posted publically, there can be the mistaken inference that it IS public domain. I.E., to make it public is to suggest that it was intended to be public. Problematic.  

Humbucker,  
I spent 2 years teaching (and sliding downhill!) at STU in Fredericton, and one year teaching at Mt. A. Nice territory. If there is one regret I have about becoming diabetic in later life it is that the corn fritters at York's Family Diner in Perth-Andover are now forever off-limits! True, they are "to die for". I'm just not in that big a hurry. :)

<<First Page<PrevPage 2 of 5 Next> Last Page>>