ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

tubes

11/16/2005 3:55 PM
Dave
email
tubes
Does anyone know were I can get a pair of Harma output tubes in the US. Have read about them and would like to give a pair a try but cann't find a US outlet for them.  
Dave

11/16/2005 4:21 PM
Thorny
email

Aren't they just another rebrander of tubes? If so they may be chinese tubes or something like that. Get a pic of the tube you want, and compare it to the common brands and see if there is a match.  

I don't know for certain on this as I have never seen them. But Chris probably knows all about them.  

Thorny

11/17/2005 12:20 AM
Quayhog
I believe they are the house brand for Watford Valves and only commercially available through them. They use modern available tubes and match test them before branding.  

I have no experience with them.

11/17/2005 2:49 AM
Mark Burness
The only Chinese tubes Watford Valves sell are sold under the TAD brand. Harma tubes may typically be JJ, Svetlana (SED) or Sovtek/Reflector depending on specific tube/designation.  

Tubes are comprehensively screened/matched which puts them rather higher up the ladder than some of the more opportunistic rebranders & resellers of tubes, some of which seem completely incapable of supplying a matched pair of output tubes.

Page 1 of 1