ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

How do I become a member?

4/28/2005 4:22 PM
10acErnie
email
How do I become a member?
Cool forum!

4/28/2005 4:28 PM
10acErnie
email

Oh, I guess I can post without becoming a member!

4/28/2005 4:28 PM
Chris@CMWamps
email
you already are
:)  
Welcome to one of the coolest and nicest amp-forums in the universe.  

Tell about your tweedy :)  

Chris  
Love, peace & loudness  
http://www.CMWamps.com

4/28/2005 8:15 PM
10acErnie
email

Thanks Chris,  
I posted this at a couple of forums and was led to Gregg Hopkins @ vintage-amp.com. Unfortunately he is currently backed up about 10 weeks and at the moment I can't part with my Deluxe for that long:  

"I recently bought a Fender 5E3 Deluxe. The amp had some kind of wacky padded stuff on it, kinda like a Lazy Boy recliner or something (really)! Needless to say I pulled it off and all the original tweed is gone. I may be looking to re-tweed it. Does anyone have a suggestion on who the best re-tweeder on the planet is? Actually, I'd settle for someone who can do a decent job, especially if they are here in Nashville."  

I've been thinking of giving it a shot myself (re-tweeding that is). I tried a Google search looking for instructions or a kit to apply tweed covering but had no luck.  

Thanks all!

4/28/2005 5:43 PM
Bruce /Mission Amps
email

Call MOJO 1-336-744-3455 in North Carolina, ask for Andy. Tell him Bruce from Mission Amps sent you to get a quote on a tweed recover.  
Bruce

4/29/2005 2:15 AM
10acErnie
email

Bruce,  

It's a small world! Before you posted I did a Google search. I ran across your website and emailed you. Thanks for the info. I'll call Andy for sure.  
And Sam, thanks for the welcome!  

Ernie

4/28/2005 6:50 PM
Samuel
email
Re: How do I become a member?
whoo hoo im a member too :-P  
Welcome Ernie. These guys have helped me a lot!  

Sam

Page 1 of 2 Next> Last Page>>