ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: visit Schematic Hell!

The sunn still shines online!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Which stompboxes do you use with your 5e3?

:
10/14/2004 7:11 AM
luis
Which stompboxes do you use with your 5e3?
Reading post below,Aaron says this wonderfull amp does not like effects a lot.Which are you using or have used anytime?  
Discuss please!

10/14/2004 7:55 AM
aaron
heh. i meant a lot of people dont like em. but i use an EA and danelectro tremelo, memory man, fuzz face, wah, rat...

10/14/2004 8:56 AM
luis

Sorry if I am rude Aaron,no ofense intended at all.  
I've noticed this amp is a plug and play kind of amp,the's the reason I choose it and am so happy.But can be very interesting learning a lot more about this amp and how to get sounds of it.

10/14/2004 11:30 AM
aaron
no no you werent rude :)

10/14/2004 8:59 AM
steve

I used a Tech 21 Double Drive with my 5E3 clone. It made it sound very much like a Mesa Boogie Mark II or III series amp.  

Steve

10/14/2004 9:08 AM
Nate

I find it hard to use the effects that I like with the 5E3 because the tone is already pretty fat and mushy, and time modulation effects just make more mush. I have one pedal left out of all the $150 - $300 boutique pedals I have ever owned, and it is an Ibanez phaser I bought for $10. I like to use it when it is just me playing, but it renders my presence on stage totally pointless with a band playing and drowning out my mushy guitar.  

I have always wanted to build a treble booster to use with the 5E3, but I have not made the time. I am sure there are some overdrive pedals that would sound good with the 5E3 (I think the tightness of a Boss SD-1 might help me cut through the mix better), but I like the raw tone of the 5E3 so much I am not running to the store to get one.

10/14/2004 10:44 AM
Jammin' John

It is a plug & play amp.  
I don't use any boxes.........  
They all pale in comparison to the amps overdrive !  
JJ

Page 1 of 5 Next> Last Page>>