ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Tony @ Mastertone Pickups!

3/3/2004 5:16 AM
Matt Wypijewski
email
Tony @ Mastertone Pickups!
Hello-  
I'm having loads of trouble getting a hold of Tony at Mastertone. I ordered three pickups from him about a month and a half ago and haven't heard a word since. Anybody know about this? Any help? Thanks for your time and sorry to post here but I feel it's a last resort.  
Matt

4/4/2004 11:31 AM
noel
He passed away after a long illness.

4/5/2004 12:25 PM
eric
Holy sh*it! what was wrong with him?

4/6/2004 6:26 AM
Dave Stephens
Alnico poisoning, Forbonitis, potted arteries, I'm not sure maybe just overwound. Sorry.....sick sense of humor.....Dave

4/6/2004 12:35 PM
eric
sorry, but i think thats a bit out of line... Tony was a great person from all accounts, and made great pickups. i had bout one of his Jazz buckers last year. He was a great man, and its a real loss to the community. i dont think its something to be taken lightly.  
eric

4/6/2004 7:56 PM
Mark Hammer
email

There are very few sick feelings in the pit of your stomach that compare to innocently asking how so-and-so is doing and finding out they're gone. Never had dealings with the man, but most of the pros here know each other, so I imagine it's the loss of a colleague not a competitor. My condolences.

4/6/2004 9:13 PM
maf
email

If this represents your sort of humor, i don't like it, sorry

Page 1 of 4 Next> Last Page>>