ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Re: Three Cheers for Jesus!

8/3/2003 5:55 PM
anonymous Re: Three Cheers for Jesus!
3 cheers for charles darwin, for telling the truth.

8/3/2003 6:27 PM
Plato
email

Erm I'm sorry,but what about Abba?

8/6/2003 5:18 PM
John Fisher
email

quote:
"3 cheers for charles darwin, for telling the truth."

The Alexanders and Caecars and Genghis Khans and Napoleons and Hitlers have come and gone, but the words and ideas and religions of the philosophers and the prophets of God live on forever.  

John Fisher

8/6/2003 5:51 PM
steve m
email

"When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won. There have been tyrants and murderers and for a time they seem invincible but in the end, they always fall - think of it, ALWAYS."  

--Mahatma Gandhi

8/6/2003 6:25 PM
John Fisher
email

History is a set of lies agreed upon-Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821) :)  

John Fisher

8/6/2003 8:50 PM
anonymous
[QUOTE]History is a set of lies agreed upon-Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821) :)  

John Fisher  
[/QUOTE]  

Exactly for that reason, three cheers for Darwin and no cheers for any prophet.

8/7/2003 2:20 AM
John Fisher
email

Agreeing with Steves post above, History really proves the existance of God. Gods laws of retribution, the rise and fall of empires because of either rightousness or wickedness, is one of the surest proofs there is the existence of God.  
But unfortunately what Napoleon brought out was that history and the interpretation of it gets twisted by man. History as we know it all depends on who writes the history books. That's why Henry Ford said "History is bunk"  
History is usually written generations after the event, when clouded fact and memory have all fused into what can be accepted as truth, whether it be so or not.  
John Fisher

Page 1 of 6 Next> Last Page>>