ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. The sunn still shines online!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Rodney Dangerfield - RIP

:
10/6/2004 7:15 AM
Enzo
Rodney Dangerfield - RIP
Rodney is gone, we will miss him. He got my respect.

10/6/2004 11:30 AM
giustd
a lot of his humor showed up in everyday conversation. I had a date with a 2 bagger the other nite.

10/6/2004 2:44 PM
Mark Hammer

I was quite surprised by the huge article/obit about him on page 2 of our paper today.  

One of my favourite lines of his was actually not really a joke, as much as a heckle. On one album, he told a joke, and then laughed before the audience did, uttering an almost aggressive "I'm not waiting for you!" afterwards. You have to admire humour absolutists who know what's funny and do not require public approval.  

I assume the funeral will be today or tomorrow. Although, come to think of it, religious law would prohibit it today and tomorrow (last two days of Sukkot). Not sure about Friday, and certainly Saturday is out. In any event, no matter when it's held, be interesting to see who shows up for the funeral. Likely a who's who of comedy.

10/6/2004 2:33 PM
Munk
We will miss him. He got my respect too.  

Remember Caddyshack anyone???  

Munk

10/6/2004 11:45 PM
Enzo

I thought they were supposed to be in the ground within 24 hours. What do I know?  

Everyone has their favorte Rodney lines.  

I was partial to: My wife liked to talk during sex. She called me from a motel.

10/7/2004 2:29 AM
ChrisM
Rodney in "Back to School" during his Tall& Fat clothing store ad:  

Are you fat? When you go jogging, do you leave potholes? When you make love, do you have to give directions? At the zoo, do the elephants throw you peanuts? Do you look at a menu and say 'OK!'?  

so dumb, so hillarious, you couldn't top Rodney at his game.

10/7/2004 3:21 PM
Mark Hammer

"I thought they were supposed to be in the ground within 24 hours. What do I know?"  

You are correct, but there are no Jewish funerals on Saturday or other sabbath-like holy days, since sticking someone in the ground involves work. In such instances, the interrment is deferred until the next available occasion. Of course I have no idea what showbiz folks can be expected to do. Some of them stick with their roots in death, and abide by religious structures, and others simply do what they do, whether cremation, donating their corpse to science, freezing their head, or whatever.

Page 1 of 2 Next> Last Page>>