ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Inside Fender and Marshall Amps (book)

12/11/2001 6:31 PM
Tim Casey
email
Inside Fender and Marshall Amps (book)
I just obtained a copy of a book by JC Maillet, "Inside Fender and Marshall Tube Amps". If you've ever wanted a detailed explanation of why things do what they do, this is the book. It also offers its own set of mods for common amps.  

While bulletin boards have been useful in my own self-education, I've obtained a few useful books. JC's book can get pretty deep in theory, much of which goes over my head. But it's interesting to note that someone has actually put the theory aspects in writing, rather than rely on Mojo, hype, and name-dropping.  

There really is more to being an amp tech than knowing what Stevie Ray did... Has anyone else seen this book? I'd love another opinion of it. JC's web site is called Viva Analog  

Peace,  
Tim

12/19/2001 1:40 AM
BOB ISAACSON
email

where did you buy your book from? does j.k. lutherie or the other book dealers carry it? please let me know.  

thanks, bob

12/19/2001 2:32 AM
anonymous
email

http://www.lynx.net/~jc/ifmta.html  

Scroll to the bottom of the page for ordering info.

12/28/2001 5:46 PM
bluzdog
tim, i would like more info on this book.  
i can't find viva analog site on the web.  
do you have the address? thanks

12/28/2001 9:59 PM
anonymous
email

Viva Analog: http://www.lynx.net/~jc/  

3/9/2002 11:28 AM
Mark Abbott
email

I'm also curious about this book, it does sound quite detailed, what is the consensus?  

Yours Sincerely  

Mark Abbott.

6/27/2002 11:48 AM
Mark Abbott
email
I can't buy the book!!!
I have tried contacting these guys to buy this book, however they don't return my email,can anyone give me any advice?  

Yours Sincerely  

Mark Abbott.

Page 1 of 2 Next> Last Page>>