ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Matchless Spitfire

5/15/2004 9:39 PM
Paul Marossy
email
Matchless Spitfire
I am building a clone of this amp. I have just about all the parts for it now and will start on it next week. Before I do, though, I would like to see some pictures of a real one, especially the inside of the chassis. Has anyone EVER seen any pictures of one of these on the net? I haven't been able to round anything up at all.  

I know how Matchless lays out the chassis on their amps for the most part, but a picture of a real one sure would be nice...

5/16/2004 12:23 AM
Dan
email

Try ACP. They don't have a Spitfire, but they do have excellent pix of a Lightning and others.  

http://acplink.com/chassis/display.aspx?curpage=119

5/16/2004 12:34 AM
Paul Marossy
email

I did see the Lightning 15 at ACP. I would guess that it would probably be very similar to that. But, I'm looking for a pic of what the amp actually looks like, too. Anyone have any leads on that?

5/20/2004 8:18 PM
Geoff
email

I'll take a pic of mine and send it to you. Might be Sat or Sun day if thats ok  

Geoff

5/20/2004 8:25 PM
Geoff
email

BTW: I does look exactly like the Lightning minus one gain stage and the tone stack

5/20/2004 9:12 PM
Paul Marossy
email

Thanks Geoff. I had a hunch that it looked more or less like the Lightning. It seems like a logical spin-off of the Spitfire. A picture of it would be great!  

Thanks. :)

5/21/2004 3:03 AM
Carl Gigun
email

Lots of pics and sounds of most popular amps at proguitar.de  

They've got several matchless models. There are some internal shots of matchless amps too if you want to get a look at the wiring.  

One of the best sites I've seen for that type of thing, don't know why more sites don't do a nice catalog like that.  

-Carl Gigun

Page 1 of 2 Next> Last Page>>