ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

repairing a broken delay

8/29/2004 5:21 AM
kingnimrod
email
repairing a broken delay
I had an old tokai analog delay that someone gave me that sounded great until it crapped out on me...  

Today I decided to try to fix it and put it into a new box, but I am running into difficulties.  

When it started to malfunction, basically it just passed a clean signal with no effect. To get the delay to work, I had to mash around on the case or maybe push down on the input jack -- in other words, something went screwy. I thought maybe just re-soldering the input jack would do the trick, but no luck. It powers on (I replaced the power jack and installed a new heavy duty on/off switch in place of the old one) but still only passes a clean signal. I noticed that the original on/off switch had possibly a capacitor soldered to its lugs - could that be my issue?  

Nothing looks broken on the top of the circuit board, and at this point I don't see any broken solder joints on the back. Only potential issue I see is a couple of holes in the top of the board that aren't bridged by a capacitor or resistor - wondering if maybe something fell out -- I hope not!!  

Can anyone point out what I might look for in trying to solve this problem?

9/1/2004 12:45 AM
Alvaro Salinas
email

Somewhere i have the schematic for your tokay delay..  

Send me an email

Page 1 of 1