ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Get paid to debug

12/11/2003 5:49 PM
Skreddy
email
Get paid to debug
Lately I have had bad luck taking known good working schematics and creating computer-aided PCB layouts the yield proper results. When I solder it up, I end up with either bad tone, oscillation, or extremely low output. I don't have these problems when I hand-draw a PCB or use perfboard! But I am determined that I SHOULD be able to enter a design into Eagle™, burn it, stuff it, and it should WORK.  

Who here has the experience and wouldn't mind taking on a project once in a while to tell me what I did wrong? I'd pay you what you feel your time is worth and for the return shipping.  

I just think this method would be so much easier than trying to post a problem on the board and getting best-guesses as to what could be causing it (after I've already checked all the obvious possibilities).  

Drop a reply here, and I may contact you in the future! Thanks...

12/16/2003 3:02 PM
mattv
email
Sometimes all it takes is another s...
Sometimes all it takes is another set of eyes to take a quick look. I'd be happy to help anyway I can. :)

12/16/2003 7:52 PM
Skreddy
email
Cool
Thanks!  

Good news; my last project turned out to be good after all. :) After having another set of eyes look it over it sort of magically works now. ;) Maybe the round trip across the country set everything right. The right transistors help too, by the way.

12/18/2003 3:21 PM
mattv
email

Ah, nothing like the sound of a newly-working effect!

Page 1 of 1