ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. The sunn still shines online!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Dobro_Sound for Pedal Steel

:
7/19/2003 10:45 AM
Max
Dobro_Sound for Pedal Steel
Hi guys  
I once heard of an effect for pedalsteelguitars that generates the sound of a dobro.I love the of a dobro.Do you know anything about such a stompbox.Maybe it's only a equalizer.Please help me!  

Thanks Max

Today
ampage
archive
And now, a word from our sponsors:

7/20/2003 11:41 PM
dr
....yeah,its made by Goodrich-I think Scotty's Pedal Steel guitar store(in St.Louis)carries them....not sure what they're called,but I am sure of the Goodrich brand name.....pretty pricey,though-I think about $400....have you tried a Boss AC-2 acoustic simulator?a little cheaper alternative.....

7/21/2003 11:43 AM
Max

Thanks dr,  
sounds a bit overprized for a stompbox.I think I'll look for schematic for the boss AC-2 acoustic simulator.Have you an adress for a schematic?  

Max

7/22/2003 11:13 PM
dr
....look through the Boss schematics at JD's site (General Guitar Gadgets)I think the AC2 is in there...if not,let me know and I'll see if I can locate it.....

10/29/2003 9:26 PM
Mark Hammer

I whipped up a cheap acoustic simulator which actually doesn't sound half bad. The schematic and sound-sample are at my site: http://hammer.ampage.org  

It's called the "Woody". You can easily perfboard it but if you prefer PCB someone has produced a PCB layout for it, which you can find here: http://www.geocities.com/munkydiy/  

My sense is that emulating a dobro will involve more than an acoustic simulator though. Conceivably, you could add a 4th path to the 3 already incorporated into the Woody, and that would be some sort of suitably-tuned bandpass filter, somewhere in the 500hz zone or so, so you could dial in some of the nasalness.

10/19/2003 12:30 PM
Gino

The Goodrich Matchbro is now out of production...would like to see the schems for one, though! -- since they are out of production, I feel they are 'free game' for cloning.

10/21/2003 10:23 AM
Stephen Giles
Forgive me for saying so, but why would you want to make a pedal steel sound like a weedy dobro? Just a humble English question.

Page 1 of 2 Next> Last Page>>