ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. The sunn still shines online!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Hammond Pedal Enclosures- Which Are Like MXR

:
9/30/2002 7:23 PM
Derrick
Hammond Pedal Enclosures- Which Are Like MXR
Hello, I will be building some pedals soon and want to know which Hammond pedal enclosures are like the MXR "Phase 100" and "Distortion + sizes"? Thanks so much,  
Derrick

10/1/2002 1:25 AM
Jim Jones

Hey Derrick,  

The Phase 90 size would be the 1590B and I believe the Phase 100 equivalent would be the 1590BB.  

Jim

10/1/2002 5:51 PM
Derrick

Thank you Jim!! I am interested in the Phase 100 size at the moment but I'm concerned about some measurements I saw for the 1590BB. It looks like it's depth is smaller. Is this true, and will I have a hard time fitting a project into it that's the same size as a Phase 100? Thanks again!!  
Derrick

10/1/2002 6:34 PM
Jim Jones

Hey Derrick,  

It may very well be a little "shorter" - I haven't compared the two side by side.  

I just built John Hollis' Easy Vibe in a 1590BB and with the second footswitch for a speed control it's a tight fit. I couldn't center (height-wise) the in and out jacks and still get the board in.  

Jim

10/1/2002 9:40 PM
Derrick

Excellent!! I'll give it a try! Thanks so much for all your help.  
Derrick

10/3/2002 2:25 PM
Mark Hammer
Hammond makes another series of chassis which are absolutely identical to the 1590s in dimensions, machinability, finish, etc., except that the lids have an extended (1/2" or so) "lip" on the two short sides, with holes drilled in each corner. For people who have plans to put their pedals onto a pedal board, these chassis provide a convenient way to mount pedals securely. You can just bolt the pedal to whatever the preferred base is from the top side. I wish to heck I could remember what the series number of the boxes is. I'm fairly sure it has 1590 in it, but the suffixes are different.

Page 1 of 1