ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. The sunn still shines online!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Best Car care Products

:
7/28/2003 10:59 PM
Frank DeSalvo
Best Car care Products
I'm looking fo rthe best wax/polish, etc...  

~F

7/28/2003 11:07 PM
Brad1

A bit more costly, but I really like Meguiar's Gold Class. Easy to apply and buff, and leaves a beautiful shine.  
Brad

7/28/2003 11:54 PM
Brian

I'll second the Meguiar's. I use their polish and wax and it makes the finish on my Ranger look like the finish on my PRS, dipped in glass! :)The stuff I use is called the "Deep Crystal" system. I also use their "Shine" rubber and plastic protectant. If you don't mind putting on and buffing off polish and wax by hand, I don't think there is a better shine on the market!  
Have fun,  
Brian  
p.s. No, I don't work for Meguiar's! :D

7/29/2003 12:29 AM
Frank DeSalvo
"If you don't mind putting on and buffing off polish and wax by hand..."  

I'm a huge driving enthusiast. To me, there is nothing more erotic than waxing and buffing your baby (yes, your lady too!) and feeling that soft cloth slipping over those curvy, glistening fenders. Whew, is it getting hot in here?!?  

I really love Meguiar's Products, too.  

~F

7/29/2003 9:09 AM
steve conner

quote:
"feeling that soft cloth slipping over those curvy, glistening fenders. Whew, is it getting hot in here?!?"

Frank may I refer you to your "Is It Cheating" thread earlier

7/29/2003 1:27 AM
Todd Hepler For a ragged out finish ...
... the best stuff I have seen is something called System One Pro Kit, available from Eastwood. You need a high speed buffer (Eastwood convienently sells one) and this kit to really work a car's finish over good.  

http://www.eastwoodco.com - search for System One Pro Kit  

Testimonial :  

I'm not one to buy mail-order car care products from the lkes of JC Whitney, etc. My Bro-in-law purchased this kit and it really impressed me. The finish on my '96 Talon was really nasty; the clear coat was turning white and splotchy. After and hour going through the differing pads in this kit (three pads, one wax) my car looked better than it did new. At least, I guess it did - I bought used. I tried wet sanding and an orbital buffer, sprecialty 3M polish compound from a nieghbor who works for a paint store - nothing came close to how quickly and easily this stuff works. And the best part ? I did'nt have to buy it!  

-T

7/29/2003 2:56 AM
Sco77 ZYMOL!
ZYMOL!!  

Really, the Zymol wash/polish/wax combo I use does give you car that million dollar shine AND you get the extra benefit of that carnuba smell while waxing!!

Page 1 of 4 Next> Last Page>>