ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. The sunn still shines online!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Re: Some nice pics ;)

:
7/1/2003 12:24 PM
Doug H
Re: Some nice pics ;)
quote:
"Those pics of Ronnie James Dio absolutely kick! :D"

I agree, those are my favorite. Hilarious!;-)  

I agree with Eric, though. Be prepared for hair bands to come back some day- believe it or not... I've seen a lot of things get recycled that I never would have imagined...  

Doug

7/1/2003 12:53 PM
giustd
The Dio pics were great! I heard him do a version of love potion #9 from that period, it rocks! We all come from somnewhere.  
I wouldn't be half surprised to see a half assed version of hair metal bands come back, just like Lenny Kravitz and countless others "borrowed" riffs and clothes and poses from the 70s.  
The problem is that you have to actually be able to play your instrument, I mean besides slugging through detuned sludge riffs.

7/1/2003 2:55 PM
anonymous Buckethead Revealed!
Check out the Guns 'N Roses page for a peek at the man behind the bucket!

7/1/2003 5:32 PM
ChrisM Re: Some nice pics ;)
I gaurantee the Glam look will come back around. It's been big twice already (early 70's and mid 80's), and maybe a third time if you count how prettied up little richard was. I already see a few bands stating to pretty it up a little. The huge hair might not come back, but the glammed up rock band will.

7/2/2003 8:03 AM
Steve A.

Chris:  

I guarantee the Glam look will come back around. It's been big twice already (early 70's and mid 80's), and maybe a third time if you count how prettied up little richard was.  

Don't forget Sylvester from the disco years... that guy could sure sing and dressed very tastefully. ;) What is it about guys who want to dress like a whore or a Cosmo model???  

I wouldn't put early 70's Bowie in the same category as the hair bands from the 80'só he always had a lot of class. As did Tommy Bolin on his "Teaser" cover... But those hair bands from the 80's really frighten me! :(  

Steve Ahola

7/2/2003 12:40 PM
Frank DeSalvo
What is it about guys who want to dress like a whore or a Cosmo model???  

Steve,  

How dare you exclude S. Tyler from Aerosmith! Hah! Blasphemer! ;)  

~F

7/2/2003 6:35 PM
ChrisM
I wouldn't say Steven Tyler dressed like a whore, more like a burlesque dancer with all those scarves.  
;)  
-Chris  

PS. I think the currrent winner for turning a serious and heavy musical style into lightweight crap goes to the modern punk bands. I think Good Charlotte, Newfound Glory, and Sum41 have turned punk into the meaningless marketing tool that metal was in the late 80's. I'm sure there are still some serious punk bands, but just like Metallica could never get on the radio back then, no one hears decent punk music now. What a shameful low for a once valid style of music.

<<First Page<PrevPage 2 of 10 Next> Last Page>>