ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum.

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Re: Metallica gets a clue...

:
6/17/2003 3:44 AM
dave////irongater
Re: Metallica gets a clue...
SLObrain, i see where you are coming from, but for me 1984 WAS a great rock album; probably the last so far. Steve A. tell your nephew about that new band (Led Zeppelin).

Today
ampage
archive
And now, a word from our sponsors:

6/18/2003 5:33 AM
Glen H. Metallica goes lo-fi
Maybe they (Metallica) have a brilliant strategy working for them; a shittily(sp?)-produced album is less likely to draw positive attention (which could result in a lesser amount of copies being produced over the internet). After all, they don't want to lose money or royalties this way!!! ;)  

GH

6/28/2003 4:50 PM
bob p Re: Metallica gets a clue...
quote:
"Getting back to legal issues, it is legal for me to make a copy of a CD for my own personal use. And I just read that it is legal to make a copy or two for family and friends. (Correct me if I am wrong on that point.) As for what is illegal I know that making a copy and selling it is over the line. And I guess sharing copies of the music with strangers on-line is not within my legal rights, either."
Steve, have you heard about the RIAA deciding to file hundreds of lawsuits against individuals who are using networks like Gnutella to "rip-off" their property? I haven't paid close attention to this issue, but I do remember hearing sound bytes about the topic. I wonder what in the hell they're thinking. I think that going after end-users could create the mother of all boycotts...

6/28/2003 8:59 PM
Steve A.

bob:  

I was just reading about that in the newspaper. The spokesman for RIAA said that they hoped it would be like traffic cops handing out a few tickets in order to persuade the rest of the drivers to follow the speed limits.  

The penalties mentioned were outrageous... how is a pimply 15 year old kid going to come up with $100,000? Offer to mow his parents' lawn for the next 200 years...? ;)  

Hmmm... in many states parents are now responsible for any fines against their kids so I wonder how many parents will lose their houses because of the new RIAA policy!  

Steve Ahola

6/28/2003 11:01 PM
Steve A.
Correction
I wrote:  

The penalties mentioned were outrageous... how is a pimply 15 year old kid going to come up with $100,000? Offer to mow his parents' lawn for the next 200 years...? ;)  

Today's paper said that the penalty could be up to $150,000 per copyrighted song found on a user's hard drive...  

!  

Steve Ahola

<<First Page<PrevPage 6 of 6