ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum.

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

How to keep dogs from crapping in your yard?

:
5/5/2003 3:54 AM
SLObrain How to keep dogs from crapping in your yard?
Yeah, here comes another dog subject again. LOL...  

Any one know of a way to stop neiborhood dogs from crapping in a yard. Seems my neibors don't seem to care where their dogs crap at even though there is a leash law here were I live and they let their mutts roam to crap in every one elses yards :(  

I getting frusterated over this and was wondering if there is a way to keep them away from my yard.  
I really hate it when I don't see that big mushy pile of crap as I walk out to take my garbage out and then step in it not knowing I stepped in it then to track that into my house. yuk......  

SLB

Today
ampage
archive
And now, a word from our sponsors:

5/5/2003 4:07 AM
Bob S II

You mean aside from shooting the dog?  

If you know who owns these mutts, call animal control, and keep calling until they come out and cite the owner for violating the leash law.  

-Bob

5/5/2003 4:20 AM
Sean K

Well,  
I'm one of those people who lets the dog wander and have no idea where my dog craps but occasionally I see dog crap on the lawn,doesn't wory me,thankyou to the unknown dog for giving me some extra fertilizer,anyways,I've got this silly notion that we humans are actually here sharing the planet with a whole bunch of other animals and if they don't want to be toilet trained then thats thier business.  
Just forget about it and let someone else worry about it and in no time the dogs will be shitting at the new irritation post and not at yours.  
Or give them a water supply,dogs never shit where they drink...

5/5/2003 1:06 PM
SLObrain
Hey Bob,  

Bob said,If you know who owns these mutts, call animal control, and keep calling until they come out and cite the owner for violating the leash law.  

Ive have done that already. I have found that when confronting people about their dogs doing the crapping that the people ussually get all pissed off and then a rage war might start.  

I don't want to get into pissing matches with folks. I would rather just put something down in the yard that dogs will repell from. Its easier to just keep them off my lawn.  

I like dogs and cats and used to have both many years ago but I feel that only if you have time to devote to an animal then have one. I have really no time to spare these dayz with job and family.  

My main concern is just to have a clean lawn that I can walk thru or my kid can play in that we won't have to step in something funky.  

Does pepper last if you put a bunch down on the lawn? Ive heard that will keep dogs away.  

SLB

5/5/2003 7:25 AM
Stefaan Van Slycken

If you have plenty of time, wait till you see the owner with the dog and give them a good rant. If they don't listen, wait for them with an air pellet gun, and then you can choose whether to aim for the dog or for the owner...  

regards,  
SVS.  

P.S. I'm a cat person ;)

5/5/2003 8:26 AM
anon
bb gun

5/5/2003 1:06 PM
Frank Desalvo

Hahaha! Man, this thread! I'm a cat-guy also. Furball rocks and she doesn't crap anywhere but in her little box! :D  

~F

Page 1 of 6 Next> Last Page>>