ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Re: Wow!I'm excited as for the first date!

3/21/2004 11:28 AM
Alf Re: Wow!I'm excited as for the first date!
Hi Basseur,  

So you are indeed a bass player as the name suggests ? You're in Europe aren't you , what country ?  
These vactrols are a unit which comprise an LDR and a light (led ?)but they come on too slowly so there's a slight delay when you switch on the distortion channel.  
Have a look at this link:http://optoelectronics.perkinelmer.com/content/RelatedLinks/analogoptoisolatorintroduction.pdf  
for more info.  
I'll send some pictures of my amp to the site so I hope they get used . I do have a good schem of my amp if you need it just let me know !  
I understand why Tim rejected the job on one they have a doublesided pcb , a real bugger !  

Regards Alf

3/21/2004 11:32 AM
bob p
Hey Alf! Thanks for posting that tech reference. I've always wanted to find something like that!

3/21/2004 1:41 PM
Le Basseur
email

Hi Alf,  
Yes,my nickname is suggestive enough about what instrument(s) I play;),though because of the "frenchy" touch most people are a little confused.:)  
I actually live in Croatia (one of the ex-Yugoslavian independent countries).  
Thank you for the "vactrol" thing and also for the link!  
Also,I'd be greatful if you could send me a scan of the schematic you mentioned.It's always welcome for study and learning,even if I don't have your model.  
About Tim's rejection,I agree entirely.I remember as yesterday when the first Mesa came on my shelf some time ago...for about ten minutes I cursed like a stabbed Gipsy!:D  
Regards,

3/21/2004 4:10 PM
Alf
Basseur,  

You've got mail, I hope I didn't clog your mailbox !  

Alf

<<First Page<Prev Page 3 of 3