ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Sano 160R question

10/3/2003 7:03 PM
teleharmonium
email
Sano 160R question
Anybody here have a Sano 160R ? I have one with an unknown component missing in the reverb circuit between the output jack of the reverb tank and pin 9 of the 6CG7. Probably a resistor, but I'd like to get the correct value to save time and work experimenting with it. Any help would be greatly appreciated

10/4/2003 12:41 AM
Marc
email

Tele:  
you sure it's pin 9? that's an internal shield pin... if it is actually pin 1 then you are possibly missing a .47 cap that drives the reverb tank. the Sano's I've worked on have had an Ampeg style reverb circuit.  

Marc

10/4/2003 5:03 PM
teleharmonium
email

Hey - no, I'm not really sure, I was going by what an amp tech told me over the phone, I'm only slightly 'technical' and was trying to find out to save time/money, but I will run that by him on Monday. At first he said pin 1 and then said no, wait, it's pin 9, so I will ask him to double check that. He did say it was in the reverb return circuit, rather than the reverb send, would the cap still make sense in that scenario, or is it more likely that he was backwards on that ? He seems like a good guy but he is the type that goes by schematics and doesn't get into theory much or work on less common amp designs much. In any case, thanks for your help

10/5/2003 5:40 PM
Marc
email

Tele:  
If it is in the return circuit it would attache to pin 2 or 7 on the 6CG7.  
Pin 1 & 6 are the plates and 3 & 8 are the cathodes. the Sano I had used a 6U10 (not such a good tube) and it was a tricky proposition finding a tube the circuit would like. Your tech can use the 60's Ampeg circuits for a reference guide. they are very similar. I think http://www.Blueguitar.org has the 50WRT schemo.  
Good luck!  

Marc

Page 1 of 1