ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum.

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Re: how many of you think this idea sucks....

:
6/6/2003 5:35 AM
MJ Harnish
Re: how many of you think this idea sucks....
It's a cool project and suitable for a beginner though I usually advise people to stick to a lower gain amp for their first try. However, if you're thinking about using this in a band situation, keep in mind that you're talking about a low wattage amp there that will be easily drown out by a loud drummer.

Today
ampage
archive
And now, a word from our sponsors:

6/6/2003 6:50 AM
JaValon

true... i was hoping to get it just above that drowning out point, but enought to push the tubes into action. I was planning on micing the cab anyway. I can put a little in my monitor if i really need i suppose.

6/6/2003 4:09 PM
neatpete

i have a P1, and it sounds great, and i am modding in up to HO standards soon. its not very loud though, so you will need either lots of high sensitivity speakers, or you will need to mic it. miced they are perfect for gigs apparantely though..  

peter

6/14/2003 6:26 AM
Dutch

Hasserl--  
Looks nice! I can't wait to hear the build report when it's done!  

C ya,  
Dutch

6/14/2003 7:04 AM
Satamax

Hi everybody!  

Javalon,if you want the ultimate cool amp,build one http://ken-gilbert.com/techstuff/bigamp1.html>like that.That's proper cool!  
If you want a marshallish sound,either Traynor,bassmate is one model which comes to mind,but i'm not sure it's the best for you.Or a Mig 60 sovtek. A mig 50 would do too,but avoid the H version.And be prepared to mod that one.  

Best regards.  

Max.

<<First Page<PrevPage 2 of 2