ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum.

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Re: Here ya go...

:
5/9/2003 6:56 PM
Richie{~}==:::
Re: Here ya go...
""""His amps are not the usual Fender/Vox/Marshall clones""""  

I agree with Bruce..  
they may not be exact clones of other amps..with things tweaked here and there..But some models are very close in the circut to other amps..And may be a little of all three amps mentioned above.. And just leave it at that..lol Sometimes there is more to it than some might think. I would think for the price of his amps..if you wanted a Dr.Z amp..Have Dr Z build you one.  
Richie

Today
ampage
archive
And now, a word from our sponsors:

5/9/2003 7:01 PM
Dirty

Iīve got a couple of schems of Z-amps.  
But if Mike donīt want his schems circulating on the web i will respect that!!!  

Whatīs the point to copy it all?  
Come up with something original ;-)

5/10/2003 2:54 AM
Steve A.
5% Inspiration...
Bruce:  

I think it's just plain hard work on Dr. Z's part to get that last 5%!!  

What did they say about genius being 5% inspiration and 95% perspiration? ;)  

However I think that most of us could sweat all day long and never come up with inspired designs like Mike Zaite has created (present company excepted, Bruce! * ) :(  

Kinda like "thinking outside the box"... most people really can't do that or it would not be considered to be an exceptional accomplishment.  

But even staying inside the Fender/Marshall/Vox "box", you can get some really nice sounds if you work at it long enough. Was that your point?  

--Thanks!  

Steve Ahola  

* along with the other AMPAGERs who have been coming up with original designs rather than just tweaking the classic circuits.

5/10/2003 3:51 PM
Bruce /Mission Amps

quote:
"But even staying inside the Fender/Marshall/Vox "box", you can get some really nice sounds if you work at it long enough. Was that your point?"
Yes that was it exactly! Many home builders here are building amps based on proven designs that with a little sweat, kick ass and take names!  
Bruce

5/11/2003 5:56 AM
Steve A.

quote:
"But even staying inside the Fender/Marshall/Vox "box", you can get some really nice sounds if you work at it long enough. Was that your point?"

Yes that was it exactly! Many home builders here are building amps based on proven designs that with a little sweat, kick ass and take names!  

I think that you can get better results by fine-tuning a simple design than by copying verbatim one of the alleged "holy grail" schematics. ;)  

--Thanks!  

Steve Ahola

<<First Page<PrevPage 3 of 3