ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Re: Santana Feedback

2/23/2001 9:58 PM
ecar
email
Re: Santana Feedback
TOO much of anything IS bad for you. I smoked weed for about 15 years(daily). All the while, holding mid mgmt positions. I stopped for about 8 years. Was never much of a drinker,even though I worked at Miller Brewing for 7 yrs and could drink all I wanted for free. I started drinking regularly 5 months ago. Almost IMMEDIATELY noticed changes in my body AND attitude. I said F--- this! I'm smoking again. The main diff between now and 25 yrs ago,is I take several tokes and put it down-I catch a buzz. 25 yrs ago I would sometimes smoke myself straight. If you do 3-4 hits A DAY, it's harmless. Booze is NOT good for anyone,anything. Take 3-4 drinks a DAY,(or enough to get a "similar" buzz if that's possible,)and see me in 10 years! We inhale MUCH more "pollution" everyday, just beathing.

2/24/2001 2:25 AM
Rebel420
email

YOu caught onto my key point... it's all in moderation... (that and the older you get, alcohol=instatn hangover,s which suck worse eveyr year!)... When I was in college, i'd go thru an oz. in a week or 2.... These days (granted the stuff I'd smoke in college, i woudnt touch now... i would only get some real sweet homegrown *like my taste in amps*).. maybe 1/8th oz would last me a month or 2... a couple hits does well.... a point I tried to make to my better half who smokes a pack of cigs. a day. -- She inhales more 'smoke' in one day than I'd inhale in 4 months of the greens ;) Moderation is the key... and how I look at it, ANYTHING that lowers stress, lowers bloodpressure, and keeps me from drinking as much alcohol, or smoking as many cigarettes, I figure any bad effects are counteracted by the benefits for ME... (note, to each his own... let me do my thing, i let you do yoru thing, and as long as we dont step on each other, it's all good)

2/24/2001 2:10 AM
Winnie Thomas
email
not qualified to cast the first stone
That being said, let me say this:  

I have been recovering from alcohol and drug addiction since July 1976. I have been in the rehab field since 1982, and have been at the State office of alcohol and drug abuse programs since 1995.  

If you don't have a problem and it doesn't interfere with your relating to other people, that's great.  

If you are bulshittiing yourself, you probably have a problem.  

Not everybody who smokes weed is addicted and not everybody who drinks is alcoholic.  

To quote Mr. Shakespeare however:  
"The lady doth protest too much methinks..."  

Winnie

2/24/2001 8:55 AM
Victor
email

Damn, I just checked back on this thread, and It seems to have turned everyone here into english soccer enthusiasts at a semi-final.  

The main thing is, who the hell cares what someone else does? Smoke whatever you want, drink whatever you want. If you loose control to the point where you get behind the wheel and kill someone, I'll be there to shove a guitar up your arse!!  

I hold "legalization freaks" in the same regards the "nanny's" who think casual drug users shold be jailed. They all spend too much time thinking abouut being righteous, and not enough time worrying about being right. Same goes for "enviro" freaks and "fundy" christians. Is your life really that dull that you have to pay attention to someone elses? And judge them?  

Check out my friend Dave's site at  
http://www.davehitt.com/sept99/dare.html  
For an interesting look about drug education.

2/24/2001 4:17 PM
ecar
email

Addictive personalities are just that. They will get addicted to SOMETHING. The KEY, is to remain in control,not let something control you, like women! Just kidding.

2/25/2001 6:26 PM
John Fisher
email

Since we have deviated greatly from the original subject (Carlos Santana's Feedback) and we are dealing with things remotely resembling tube amps, I thought I might add something.  
I stopped smoking pot and cigarettes and doing other drugs 26 years ago.  
See "My Story in a Nutshell":  
http://europa.spaceports.com/~fishbake/  
I guess others are different, but I would always make a pig of myself and it was to the extent where I was high at times that were very inappropriate. For example: machine shop was my first class in school and once just after smoking a joint I was using a drill press. I couldn't judge how long I was doing it and wound up drilling a half inch hole in the base of the drill press. Boy was the shop instructor mad! Although there is a wide variety of types of people who participate or read these posts, I believe that most people here are productive minded and between daily responsibilities and tinkering in their free time with amps at night there is not a lot of time to get into pot which would be counter productive. I can't imagine trying to count the windings of a guitar pickup that I am making while smoking a joint.  
With smoking pot there is the legal issue and the health issue and the moral issue.  
I personally don't think pot is good for you in any of the above issues but I also don't think smoking a joint will send you to hell. Just because you think something is wrong doesn't make you self righteous for saying so.  
I don't like to make judgments because people have lots of different motives and reasons for doing the things they do.  
To sum up what I'm saying, I believe what Jesus said when they were asking him how do you know what's right or wrong and He said. "Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them". In other words, what kind of results or consequences does what ever you do have on yourself or others.  
Thanks for listening,  
John Fisher

2/25/2001 6:30 PM
John Fisher
email

Since we have deviated greatly from the original subject (Carlos Santana's Feedback) and we are dealing with things remotely resembling tube amps, I thought I might add something.  
I stopped smoking pot and cigarettes and doing other drugs 26 years ago.  
See "My Story in a Nutshell":  
http://europa.spaceports.com/~fishbake/  
I guess others are different, but I would always make a pig of myself and it was to the extent where I was high at times that were very inappropriate. For example: machine shop was my first class in school and once just after smoking a joint I was using a drill press. I couldn't judge how long I was doing it and wound up drilling a half inch hole in the base of the drill press. Boy was the shop instructor mad! Although there is a wide variety of types of people who participate or read these posts, I believe that most people here are productive minded and between daily responsibilities and tinkering in their free time with amps at night there is not a lot of time to get into pot which would be counter productive. I can't imagine trying to count the windings of a guitar pickup that I am making while smoking a joint.  
With smoking pot there is the legal issue and the health issue and the moral issue.  
I personally don't think pot is good for you in any of the above issues but I also don't think smoking a joint will send you to hell. Just because you think something is wrong doesn't make you self righteous for saying so.  
I don't like to make judgments because people have lots of different motives and reasons for doing the things they do.  
To sum up what I'm saying, I believe what Jesus said when they were asking him how do you know what's right or wrong and He said. "Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them". In other words, what kind of results or consequences does what ever you do have on yourself or others.  
Thanks for listening,  
John Fisher

<<First Page<Prev Page 5 of 5