ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. The sunn still shines online!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Re: H&K Tube Rotosphere is pretty cool, too

:
1/21/2001 7:35 PM
Lee
Re: H&K Tube Rotosphere is pretty cool, too
Hi;  

I gotta make a plug for the RotoSphere. I had been dragging an old Hardwood 50's Leslie around to gigs to play my guitar through for many years. Then I stopped because it was such a Ball Buster! Then I found the RotoSphere. There is very little difference in sound between the two ... a ton of difference in weight!  

I know Leslie, now she's lost a ton of weight! She's no'a pig na'more! We Date again! We make beautiful music! End of story! :)  

You won't be sorry if you get a RotoSphere.  

FWIW  

Lee

1/22/2001 7:36 AM
Steve A.

Lee:  

Someone in a different thread just mentioned that the RotoSphere sounds pretty cool with a NOS 12AT7 in there instead of the 12AX7. Haven't tried it yet myself.  

Steve Ahola

1/22/2001 8:11 AM
Lee

That were me, and it doos! ;)  

Lee

1/22/2001 8:55 AM
Steve A.

Lee:  

I should have figured that it was you because these things are a bit priceyś $500 retail. It's not like everybody and his cousin has one! GC screwed up and sold me one dirt cheap because they didn't even know what it was, just that it had sat upside down on their shelf for a few months and no one had even touched it.  

With all of the multi-FX boxes out there why would anyone be interested in a single effect for $500?   ;)    

If H&K didn't sell a wide range of fx and amps, I'd worry about them going out of business since they sure aren't paying their rent from sales of the RotoSpheres! They seem to have a good business plan: develop killer gear and the sales will eventually pay for the R&D since people will eventually figure out that it is worth the money (unlike the digital modeling box of the month that wears out its welcome very fast). Maybe I'll get their Tube Replex when I get my tax refund from the Guv'nor and the Guv'nor... for $649 retail maybe I better e-shop around!  

Steve Ahola

Page 1 of 1