ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum.

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Re: Replacement-PU's for Strat....

:
10/26/2000 3:24 PM
Sam B
Re: Replacement-PU's for Strat....
Thorsten,  

That is a great deal. The speakers alone are worth that. All that wattage and JBL's? Talk about clean headroom! I believe Duane Eddy has a contract out on you and your amp. :)  

Sam

Today
ampage
archive
And now, a word from our sponsors:

10/26/2000 6:12 PM
Thorsten

Hi Sam,  

yep - there ist clean headroom. And it is loud. Very loud... My Strat really likes it - and I think Duane Eddy's guitars might like it - too... to bad, that he's not in Germany... ;-) And I haven't seen any "amphunters"... lucky me.  
The really cool thing about this amp is, that it inspires you while playing it, which is in my opinion the best thing an amp can do, isn't it?  
Thanks for your post.  

Best regards  

Thorsten

10/26/2000 6:26 PM
Sam B

Thorsten,  

I was agreeing with your setup, not knocking it. I'm into Scotty Moore, Ventures, Duane Eddy, etc. All my amps are set up for lots of headroom. Yes, a great amp inspires you. You should hear my 50 watt Deluxe Reverb with 6L6's!( Don't worry, it is a reissue). :D

10/26/2000 7:40 PM
Thorsten

Hi Sam!  

Sorry that I probably expressed it wrongly.  
It is totally clear, that you agreed with my setup and you were not knocking it. Hey - your Duane Eddy-joke was pretty cool. I just tried kidding back - but English is not my native language - in fact, it is about more than five years that I haven't spoken or written in English. Didn't want to offend you. Sorry again!  
I just wanted to agree with you that this amp is as you described - it has pretty much headroom and it ist pretty damn loud - and, as you - I love Scotty Moore & Duane Eddy - they are absolutely great.  

Hey - want to hear/read a story? A friend of mine is playing in an Rock'n'Roll band, called "The Shadows of Elvis". They're playing old 50's and 60's tunes - pure Rock'n'Roll - and some days ago the had a Gig with Scotty - (Yes! Scotty Moore/The Kings Men) and he was so impressed that he asked the management of TSOE whether they could join him on his next years tour to Tschechia(? - right name of the land? ;-) )  
And some days ago they played in Bad Nauheim (Germany, the place where Elvis lived when he joined the U.S. Military an went to Germany) in the same Cantina, where Elvis always had his Lunch - in front of the German Elvis-Fanclub. And their Singer for this Gig was - Jim Brown (This Irish Elvis Clone) You probably know him as "The King".  
So you see - Rock'n'Roll is alive and well - even in Germany.  
And: Yes - I'd definitely like to hear your Deluxe Reverb... :D  

Hope to read from you,  

Best regards  

Thorsten

Page 1 of 1