ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. The sunn still shines online!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Right hand strat pickups in lefty strat

:
10/9/2000 8:20 PM
Stratdeluxer
Right hand strat pickups in lefty strat
Help!!!!! I want to put a set of Fender Fat 50's into my Lefty American Deluxe Strat....Can I mount the pickups opposite to the pickguard in order to retain the correct pole peice stagger over the strings,and if I did mount the pickups this way,would I be able to get the guard back on the body as far as wires and the positioning of the pickup bobbins etc. w/out hacking the guitar up.......Fender doesn't sell a Lefty Fat 50's set(DAMN IT! LOL)......Thanks for any info prior to going back to Seymour Duncan Singles like on my 62 reissue.....I want to try different pickups in this other strat......John..

10/11/2000 1:17 PM
Sweetfinger

Certainly you can reverse the pickups. They might even fit if the guitar has a universally routed body. Some people LIKE the incorrect stagger for the authentic "Hendrix" sound.  
You can reset the stagger on Fender pickups that have a plastic bobbin just by sliding the magnets up or down - not recommended on pickups with flatwork because the wire is wound directly on the polepieces.

10/11/2000 11:17 PM
Stratdeluxer

"Certainly you can reverse the pickups. They might even fit if the guitar has a universally routed body. Some people LIKE the incorrect stagger for the authentic "Hendrix" sound.  
You can reset the stagger on Fender pickups that have a plastic bobbin just by sliding the magnets up or down - not recommended on pickups with flatwork because the wire is wound directly on the polepieces".  

Thanks Sweetfinger.....I'm not looking to do the Jimi thing w/this strat,but I do want to get the noiseless pickups out,and go with some better pickups for this guitar.I would like the pole peice staggers to be correct.....I believe this guitar has the HSH route,so maybe it will be easy on me?Thanks again....John

Page 1 of 1