ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

ADA-MP1

12/7/2000 4:36 PM
webhead
email
ADA-MP1
Hi  
A man has to keep himself busy. I set my mind to a digital thingy that stores my effect settings. The current effect processors seem to "suck" in a way.  
So, I'm thinking of an ADA-MP1. It has tube circuitry and is capabal of stocking my setups.  
I'm not thinking of buying it, I planning on building one. I'll probably take time but I'm not in a rush.  
The main concern now is really understanding how it works , what "module" does what (it has several PCB's) and are there PCB layouts out there ?  
Anything at all , hints, reviews concerning the ADA is welcome.  
Thank you

12/7/2000 7:29 PM
Rick Erickson
email

[QUOTE]So, I'm thinking of an ADA-MP1. It has tube circuitry and is capabal of stocking my setups.  
I'm not thinking of buying it, I planning on building one.[/QUOTE]  

If you have the ability to do that you might as well just design & build your own. Start with a better sounding preamp circuit and then add digital control to it. The MP-1 had many shortcommings imo.  
The EQ section could have been designed better, the available boost & cut steps were too radical tgo allow fine tuning. I sold the one I had after exhausting myself trying to get a good sound from it.  

RE

12/7/2000 8:36 PM
webhead
email

the digital part is the problem ...  
THe schematics I have aren't too clear and I need more info...  
I might mod the ADA circuitry ...

12/9/2000 3:21 PM
nigelbrew
email

I used to have one of these preamps. really good for nailing that shredder tone.I recorded my first Instrumental project with it, and I sold it because I was desperatly short of cash. Of course I have since built my own high gain tube amp, I think the preamp would still be useful in a few situations.

Page 1 of 1