ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Re: Has anyone tried Audio Glassic tubes

10/27/2000 10:35 PM
Tim C.
email
Re: Has anyone tried Audio Glassic tubes
Tonito,  

Audio Glassic is not a manufacturer of tubes, they merely rebrand and repackage tubes from other manufacturers. Someone correct me if I am wrong but I believe they are out of business. I haven't seen an Audio Glassic rebranded tube for a long time.  

It is hard to say who actually made your tubes without seeing them.  

Take Care,  
Tim C.

10/28/2000 6:51 AM
Bruce
email

The ones I've seen were Chinese and average quality.  
OK for a generic replacement if not too high of voltage.  
Bruce

10/28/2000 10:33 AM
M/J
email

I think they suck. One of the worst tubes I have ever used. Do yourself a favor and get a set of NOS or Svetlanas. You are cheating that amps tone with Audio Glassics in there.  

M/J

10/29/2000 5:04 AM
J. Gajan
email

I've had a quad of Audio Glassic 5881's that say made in USSR and they have lasted me years. I seem to remember the company was out of Huntsville Alabama, the base on these are a little smaller than say a Sovtek 5881wxt, but they sure sound decent to me. Gajan - http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/51/gajan_edwards__kammien>GEAK Blues Trio

10/29/2000 1:12 PM
Naked Clarke
email

I have a quad of the Blue Bottle 6L6 WGB Audio Glassic tubes in my Twin Reverb. I think that they are made in China. They were the only matched quad that I had available two years ago when this amp was serviced. I have since bought a nice quad of Philips 7581A's but never installed them because the AG's sound pretty good. I do not have many hours on these tubes so I can't comment on longevity, but until they crap out I will keep them in.  

NC

Page 1 of 1