ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

big muff tone control

2/11/2001 7:22 PM
gord
big muff tone control
Hi,  

Today I am ready to build my first BMP, and the tone control pot value isn't on the schematic. Does anybody know it off hand?  

Thanks,  

Gord

2/11/2001 7:34 PM
Ed Rembold

100K linear.  

Ed R.

2/11/2001 7:38 PM
gord

Thanks, Ed.

2/11/2001 7:58 PM
Ed Rembold

Gord, you didn't ask about R/C combos. (but-)  

I just fixed an old BMP for a friend, and it was stock- but, had slightly different values than I've seen posted-  

39k-.01  

.004-39k  

sounded good to me.  

Ed R.

2/11/2001 8:02 PM
aron

Can you tell me how to get that Triangle Big Muff sound :-)  

I will note down those values, thanks Ed!  

On a similar note, someone said you can put a dab of silicone onto ceramics to reduce the microphonics --- and they ARE microphonic!  

Aron

2/11/2001 10:13 PM
gord

quote:
"Can you tell me how to get that Triangle Big Muff sound :-)"

Ohhh Aron, you are soooo silly!  

What was the final say on that 100k resistor on Q3's base? Throw it in or leave it out? What's the difference in sound between the two?  

I'm really getting the itch to build a bunch of pedals. It has been a while, due to working 65-70 hours each week. I think that I can get away with doing some soldering while my boss isn't around.  

The ones that I want to make:  

-transistor BMP  

-Sweet Thing w/tone control mod (I've built the original, and enjoyed it plenty, and the only thing I wasn't crazy about was the tone control. Controlling the high end is very important to me)  

-FET Punch  

-Shaka-Smooth (Jay's designs look very cool..... seems like good taste)  

-Orange Squeezer (looks cool)  

-Aron's ultra-top-secret super-confidential rock and roller's-dream-box-fantasy, hopefully soon to come. How's that one going?  

Gord

2/11/2001 10:51 PM
aron

>Aron's ultra-top-secret super-confidential rock and roller's-dream-box-fantasy, hopefully soon to come. How's that one going?  

It's coming along. 2 people have managed to finish it. I will be incorporating their mods/advice and posting the schematic soon.

Page 1 of 1