ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

The Trippy zippy whatsit called is no more!

2/11/2001 6:59 PM
Joe Gagan
The Trippy zippy whatsit called is no more!
The original name was sort of a sleep deprived influenced joke of sorts, although it was a pretty good way to describe it.  

the official new name, after much careful planning during our road time to Texas is:  

Skyripper Fuzz  

A companion to our soon-to-exist amp company, Skytone.  

Mark Hammer, RG, JD, Ed G., Jake, Frank C, Zach, all of you technically gifted dudes, if you are interested in 'proofing' my schem before I launch it on the unsuspecting masses, please let me know, I will email the schem to you. I appreciate any feedback any of you here might have. there are some very 'wrong' things about it that make is sound -oh so good!  

one of the things I have really been digging about it is , some of the settings are very Eric Johnson-y violin tones, or like Brian May through a wall of AC30s -  

expressive, rich, articulate.  

The pick sensistvity is intoxicating.  

There are a million tones in it, because the FF is bassy, and the RM is trebly, the blending of the two contains a world of variation, in tone, without a tone control.  

Of course, the other side is the rippy zipper trippin settings, that's a whole other thing...

Page 1 of 1