ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

EH POLYCHORUS

2/11/2001 9:56 AM
atom
email
EH POLYCHORUS
I have an original EH Polchorus... However, one day I came home to find it laying upside down in my room: It may have been trodden on by accident, though no one claims any such knowledge... All the same, it is now broken with out any obvious signs of defect. I've had it for over a year, for which time it has been working perfectly, if a bit noisey, and quite simply I want it back! I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but does anyone know of any common defects the polychorus is prone to suffer and where I can find schematics for it?  

Thanks!

2/11/2001 1:06 PM
Gilles C
email

---However, one day I came home to find it laying  

---upside down in my room: It may have been  

---trodden on by accident,  

Maybe somebody didn't like its sound... :-)  

...Only joking...  

What I would check for would be a bad solder. Specially at the big parts like switches, jacks, pots, batteries connections etc... When they fell, these are the ones with more gravity, or are exposed outside the box.  

It's always the same with radios or remote control my "friends" bring me all the time... :-(  

Gilles

2/11/2001 4:50 PM
Mark Hammer
email

A few words about what it DOES and DOESN'T do at the moment, and I'm sure you'll get some sound advice from folks here.  

I remind you of the old Henny Youngman nugget...  

"I went to the doctor the other day and said 'Doc, it hurts when I do THIS', and he said 'So don't do it'."  

Simple requests for assistance net advice that often doesn't hit the target. Gilles is quite correct in his advice, but there are a LOT of solder joints in there.  

Do you get ANY signal coming through under any circumstances? (e.g., straight signal when bypassed) Are the SOME effect sounds available but not all of them? etc.

Page 1 of 1