ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. The sunn still shines online!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Re: more

:
1/25/2001 6:50 PM
ed guidry Re: more
Hmm, that sounds like a transistor muff. I had one some time back, didn't care for the sound, except for the very high sustain tones, and I thought my RAT did better at that, so I sold it, but not for enough, because thanks to the pumpkins, everyone wants one of these now.

1/25/2001 10:35 PM
avdheijden

Ięve seen on the web picture of Billy Corganęs pedalboard.  

What's the address?

1/26/2001 7:55 PM
Tonda

It was some moths ago, but this link(http://www.sustainpunch.com/forever/) is probably dead now.  

Tonda

1/25/2001 6:31 PM
aron
Re: Kendrick Buffalo Pfuz
Why don't you draw it out if you have time?  

Should be interesting.

1/25/2001 9:34 PM
JoeGagan
Buffalo Pfuz Look here !
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1325480&a=11185983&p=39116051

1/25/2001 10:11 PM
aron

That was fast!  

Thanks,  

Aron

1/25/2001 10:29 PM
JoeGagan
Sound test, wow its a good fuzz
I can't believe I did all that and I never even bothered to plug it in and take a listen.  

well, it sounds really really good, if not great. Here at the house in my test rig anyway, which is a good indicator.  

It has a lot of sustain, nice creamy fuzz, the delicate balance between attack and compression is excellent.  

Upper harmonics like to jump out when pick attack is increased.  

It falls somewhere between a Bmuff and a fuzz face in sound.  

the eqing is a little on the bassy side, which is how I like a fuzz anyway. Some of you may want a little brighter input cap.  

the clean boost is ok. I found it a little bassy, which I don't like in a clean boost. It also ran out of headroom at pretty low boost levels, and the breakup isn't nearly as pretty as a LPB1,Rangemaster or F Clark mosfet boost.  

I would say to you, build one [easy], see if you don't agree with these findings.  

Are any of you familiar with the 941 opamp?

<<First Page<PrevPage 2 of 5 Next> Last Page>>