ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. The sunn still shines online!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Amp Channel Switching Box help...

:
1/19/2001 7:50 PM
Knobby
Amp Channel Switching Box help...
There seems to be a wealth of expertise on this board, and I hoping someone can help me out...  

I have a Bedrock 651 amp the single 12, 4 EL84 amp, which has channel switching with the switch on the front, and a jack on the back.  

I tried out a number of other amps' boxes for channel switching and have not had success. The closest I got was trying a cord that was stereo tipped on both ends, into a regular channel swithing box (a single function channel swithing amp's box) - it switched the channels, but it was not happy. Half of the signal seemed to be coming through and it was making bunch o' noise.  

I have searched the ends of the earth for a switch or a schematic, and come up empty.  

Wondering what your thoughts are. It seems to me that the amp wants only to switch the channels, maayyybe the reverb, but I doubt it.  

http://theknob.homestead.com/amps.html  

I'm also thinking it wants a stereo cord, from the reaction it had when using one in the above test, and the feel of the jack.  

I have a hammond box, number of different jacks, and a DPDT and others.  

Any ideas??

Page 1 of 1