ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: visit Schematic Hell!

The sunn still shines online!

:
Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Eric Johnson

:
10/2/2000 11:38 PM
Richie{~}==:::
Eric Johnson
Just wanted to post ,i listened to some clips of the New album that is coming out OCT 24, Some really great tunes,and great sounding guitar amps. The clips are on an EJ page. Older type blueser rock sounding songs with his fantastic tone everywhere.  

10/4/2000 3:56 AM
Pete

Should we listen to it with out without rubber bands attached to our ears?  

Sorry couldn't resist  

Pete

10/4/2000 8:41 PM

Listen to it any way you want it still sounds great! Heres the link.  
http://www.ericjohnson.com/listeningroom.html  

10/5/2000 4:38 PM
Matt

I've seen him live and it was the best guitar sound at a live show I've ever heard. And his cover of "The Wind Cries Mary" gave me goose bumps it was so good. That guy is from another planet.

10/5/2000 5:33 PM
ChrisW
Eric Johnson * wich album to buy 1st
Hi !  

can anyone suggest a good album of E.J. ?  

Chris

10/5/2000 6:52 PM
Matthew Springer

They're all good except possibly Seven Worlds, which is half good and half so-so.  

I'd start with Ah, Via Musicom or Venus Isle.  
VI is fairly well balanced between his aggressive side and his more melodic side and the lyrics aren't quite as silly as AVM. The VI_Reprise is my favorite EJ track.  
AVM has some cooler tracks to start with and has a little more "grit".  
Tones is also killer, but is less polished than his later stuff. I do like Trail_of_Tears of this album, though.  

All three albums are well worth owning. The production is stellar and the composition and arranging is superior.

10/6/2000 7:00 AM
Preben Hansen

Hi. I started out with the G3 CD, Satriani Johnson and Vai. I bought i mostly for the Satriani tracks.  
It's a live CD, and sounds fine. I then found interrest in Johnson, and bought Venus Isle. I my opinion a very fine album. It shows many sides of the different styles Johnson can play. I really like the sound of his guitars.  
I look forward to his new album beeing available here i Denmark later this month.  

Preben

Page 1 of 3 Next> Last Page>>