ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum.

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Re: I have received the Smart Parts refund.

:
5/6/2000 3:07 PM
Tom Wendlandt Smart Parts
Re: I have received the Smart Parts refund.
To all interested parties:  

Is there a NEED to have a "villian"??? Maybe that is my fundemental point with all of this. I certainly don't think Mr. Abbott as a "villian" and I know we at Smart Parts never attempted to perform "villianous" acts upon Mr. Abbot. As I have stated countless times throughout this thread, we admitted to a mistake in understanding what Mr. Abbott needed and have been unable to provide the discontinued parts he wants.  

As far as keeping the parts, I belive it is a reasonable policy to ask that incorrect or unwanted parts be returned before a refund is issued, but again in Mr. Abbott's case, it isn't worth asking him to bear the expense of sending back $15.90 worth of parts from Austrailia, especially in light of the circumstances. Somehow I am criticized for giving parts away!! Incredible.  

Unless a company (or a customer) is intentionally attempting to cheat someone, there is no "villian". Mr. Abbott, if you still feel you were intentionally "wronged", there is nothing more I can say to you.  

By the way, please refer to another thread titled "Smart Parts" regarding Carlo, who has also been taken care of and has a totally different light on how everything was handled.  

Tom Wendlandt  
Smart Parts

Today
ampage
archive
And now, a word from our sponsors:

5/6/2000 3:24 PM
Trace

quote:
"Is there a NEED to have a "villian"???"

I don't think there's a need for one...maybe in the Batman movies but not here ;^)  

quote:
"Maybe that is my fundemental point with all of this. I certainly don't think Mr. Abbott as a "villian" and I know we at Smart Parts never attempted to perform "villianous" acts upon Mr. Abbot. As I have stated countless times throughout this thread, we admitted to a mistake in understanding what Mr. Abbott needed and have been unable to provide the discontinued parts he wants."

If he's got his refund and you admitted to a mistake (which it is human to error) then all should be well(?)  

quote:
"As far as keeping the parts, I belive it is a reasonable policy to ask that incorrect or unwanted parts be returned before a refund is issued, but again in Mr. Abbott's case, it isn't worth asking him to bear the expense of sending back $15.90 worth of parts from Austrailia, especially in light of the circumstances. Somehow I am criticized for giving parts away!! Incredible."

I've read the threads but haven't posted (I get roped into these threads sometimes! ha, ha) I think you did the right thing speaking from a business perspective. You let him keep the parts and you gave him a refund(?) So that's the most you could do as I see it.  

Trace

5/10/2000 10:13 AM
Mark Abbott

I have hoped to end this thread some time ago, I had put up my last thread to show Tom has done the right thing by refunding me.  

Unfortunately, this still doesn't seem to appease Tom. I don't want to have to continue the thread, if there is anymore question/statements, please email me (this does mean you Tom).  

Yours Sincerely  

Mark Abbott.

5/6/2000 6:16 PM
Steve A.
Mark- tell us about the screws you need!
Mark:  

I think that my previous post scrolled off this board, but if you can post a drawing or description of the screws you need here maybe one of us has some in a junk box...  

--Thanks!  

Steve Ahola

5/10/2000 10:06 AM
Mark Abbott

Dear Steve  

Thank you very much for your kindness, it is very much appreciated.  

At the moment I have a local supplier who thinks he can get the parts, I have seen the screws, however he's still looking for the washers.  

Once again, thanks Steve.  

Yours Sincerely  

Mark Abbott.

<<First Page<PrevPage 7 of 7