Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum.

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Looking for Schematic for Wizard Metal 100

3/26/2000 7:15 PM
Rob Whitaker
Looking for Schematic for Wizard Metal 100
Hi all,  
I'm new to this forum so please forgive me if I violate any of the posting rules. Anyway I'm wanting to build a clone of a Wizard metal 100 since I can't afford the real thing. Does anyone have a schematic or owners manual for a wiard? I would gladly compensate you if you were willing to part with it or copy it. Also if anyone knows what brand of tranformers or other components used in the amp I would really be interested that information. Thanks... Rob
And now, a word from our sponsors:

3/27/2000 2:54 AM
Steve A.

There are generally no schematics available from the builders of "boutique" amps (like Wizard) so its usually a matter of someone reverse engineering one out in the field...  
--Good luck!  
Steve Ahola
3/27/2000 4:19 AM
Rob Whitaker

Steve thanks for the advice. I just wonder if anyone else out there has does this to a wizard before?
3/27/2000 5:16 AM

I'm not sure if anyone here even owns one to be honest with you. Personally speaking I have not seen one.  
Best of luck!  
3/27/2000 5:20 AM
Carl Z

From what I understand these are just hotrodded hand wired JCM 800's.  
Carl Z
3/27/2000 2:39 PM

"From what I understand these are just hotrodded hand wired JCM 800's."
That would stand to reason since he was making plexi replicas (maybe still is) right down to the hand bent aluminum. I've nothing buy good things about the newer Wizard amps. I played on a plexi once and it was really nice. How much are the new amps going for, do you know?  
3/28/2000 12:04 AM
Rob Whitaker

If you're talking about the Wizard, they're no longer made so there's no new price. That's one of the reasons that I want to build a copy. If they are Hot rodded JCM 800's does anyone know of any specific mods? Who made wizard amps, I noticed you mentioned that "he" was making plexi replicas.

Page 1 of 4 Next> Last Page>>