ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. The sunn still shines online!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Win a Route 66 amp...

:
3/18/2000 11:17 AM
Steve A.
Win a Route 66 amp...
    The first person who can figure out which tone pot is bass and which one is treble can build their own Route 66 clone!  

Here is the drawing:  

http://www.ampage.org/blueguitar/route66.gif  

-- or if you can't get into that site:  

http://io.spaceports.com/~bluguitr/route66.gif  

On your mark... get set...

GO!

Steve Ahola

3/18/2000 1:12 PM
anonymous
Bass left, treble right. But if you use solid silver wire, it would need a 1.2 ohm resistor:o

3/18/2000 4:46 PM
Gil Ayan

quote:
"Bass left, treble right. But if you use solid silver wire, it would need a 1.2 ohm resistor:o  
"

I say just the opposite. The equivalent capacitance of the left path is a little smaller than that of the right... BUt I can see where the controls would be very interactive -- left capacitance is like 820pF, right is 909pF!  

Gil  

PS: Where is my amp? Or the one for the guy who posted above me?

3/18/2000 5:36 PM
Cole

quote:
"I say just the opposite. The equivalent capacitance of the left path is a little smaller than that of the right... BUt I can see where the controls would be very interactive -- left capacitance is like 820pF, right is 909pF!  
"

If you look in the January 1999 Guitar Player, there's a review of the Rt.66 with a chassis shot as well. From the picture, it looks like "treble left, bass right", with the treble pot connected to a blue cap and the bass pot connected to a resistor, both terminating at the same point.

3/18/2000 5:52 PM
Gil Ayan

quote:
"If you look in the January 1999 Guitar Player, there's a review of the Rt.66 with a chassis shot as well. From the picture, it looks like "treble left, bass right", with the treble pot connected to a blue cap and the bass pot connected to a resistor, both terminating at the same point.  
"

Thanks, you get to play my amp.  

Steve, where are you, and where the hell is my amp? :)  

Gil

3/18/2000 6:56 PM
t c

how do you win? This amp is real similar to a kit that Dr Z. was going to offer a couple years ago. I got to look at a couple of the prototypes, so I already saw this circuit layed out. He had capacitors with his own name printed on them. I asked him what they were? polypropylene? He didn't want to say. Hey, I'm just a polymer scientist, I'm not in the amp business.

3/18/2000 7:43 PM
Steve A.

tc:  

The electrolytic caps are Sprague Atoms. The 0.0047uF, 0.01uF, and 0.0068uF caps are Type 715P's. The bias pot is a Bournes, the others are Alphas (taper unknown as the pot cases were sanded down to be soldered to the Marshall style ground buss). The resistors are carbon film and carbon comp. The tubes used are a Svet EF86, a EI 12AX7 and Chinese KT66's and 5AR4. There is a note about a Drake 5200-222 (75W 125V)... anybody know what that might be? The transfomers are PT: DRZ-8001-240 EIA 606-918; OT:DRZ CIN-TRAN 3232 30-9912.  

Any thoughts about the Ultralinear OT used? Would it make much of a difference if a regular OT was used instead (and adding another node to the PS for the screens). If an UL OT was used how would you specify the taps for the screen? Just wondering...  

Steve Ahola  

P.S. The person who had looked at the amp couldn't remember if there was a choke or not in the power supply but I drew it in anyway. Any additional information not mentioned here would be appreciated!

Page 1 of 8 Next> Last Page>>