ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. The sunn still shines online!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Re: Conn Strobe Tuner

:
3/14/2000 8:25 AM
rebel420
Re: Conn Strobe Tuner
quote:
"Re: Calibration. This is a weird one. You need to calibrate it to a strange frequency. I think it's C# but don't hold me to it. The caps you need to mess with are the ones that are on the side of the enclosure mounted on terminal strips. Call Peterson just to be on the safe side."
I also talked to John the strobemaster guy, and I'll get some more exact info from him on the calibration. it is just SOOO close to being dead on-- like it/s 1/2 a cent sharp, but when i have it in startup mode, it says it's on...do you know what the other cap. under the motor is for? it was a .15uF cap. it was lookign pretty bad so I put a .1 and a .047 in it's place, but between the 2 i put on there may be more than a 10% error, and that may be my problem there.  

I love these things, then again, I like old equipment. Hell my o-scope is an old RCA WO-91A tube model (with the little 5" round CRT)... not the most accurate thing around, but hey, it was free, and it's classic *laffz*

3/15/2000 2:31 AM
bob predaina

sorry to arrive so late on this thread. if you need help with your CONN tuner, Peterson is definitely the place to go for help. Peterson bought out CONN a number of years ago, and retired the CONN line. now they only sell Petersons.  
i walked through the factory a couple of months ago on a site visit (i am a peterson dealer and i live very close to them). i went through the storage room that is used to stockpile spare parts for the older, discontinued units and dug through parts. they have lots of parts on-site for the older peterson units, but i didn't see any cconn parts. when i asked about this, they said that they maintain a separate repair facility for the CONN products.  
although i cannot remember their phone number (i am out of town on a trip), they do have an 800 number that is listed at 800-555-1212 under the name "peterson electro musical products" in alsip, illinois.  
if yoiu have technical questions, you can contact joel simpson at jsimpson@petersonemp.com. he is their sales manager and can refer you to one of the engineers, if needed.  
i hope this helps.  
bob predaina

<<First Page<PrevPage 2 of 2