ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum.

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Echoplex Replacement Heads?

:
2/9/2000 9:05 PM
Rick Erickson
Echoplex Replacement Heads?
I'm looking for a erase/record head for a ss echoplex Mdl EP_3. The original head is a Nortronics #A1CH47R. I was getting these from Harris-Teller but they said someone bought their remaining stock. Their price was $40.00cost/$80.00 list. Parts is parts says they can get them them but they want retail @ $90.00ea., which is kind of steep but I will pay it if I have to. If anyone knows of a wholesaler who has these I would appreciate the info.  
Thanks,  

Rick E.

Today
ampage
archive
And now, a word from our sponsors:

2/9/2000 9:29 PM
Rick Erickson

Oops, I gave the wrong part # for the ss head.  
The correct # is #A1CH44R. The 47R is the tube model erase/rec. head.  

Rick E.

2/14/2000 7:49 AM
Ed

Rick, did you try Mojo musical supply? I was looking into those, but they seem like they only had them for the solid state version. You should check with them.  

good luck  
Ed

2/14/2000 2:52 PM
John S.
Sorry to cut in,but what is the delay time sweet spot on the echoplex?
Hey Rick,,,What was the magic setting for Jimmy,Blackmore and some of the other great players of the late 60's and early 70's?I've been trying to get some scoop on this..Thanks Rick...Again sorry to bother you because I see you are looking for help with parts for yours.I don't own an Echoplex,but I try to get a wanna be sound from my delay unit or a pedal...John S.

2/14/2000 3:08 PM
fet
Try 0.6 seconds, one repeat at 25% volume.

2/14/2000 2:52 PM
John S.

Hey Rick,,,What was the magic setting for Jimmy,Blackmore and some of the other great players of the late 60's and early 70's?I've been trying to get some scoop on this..Thanks Rick...Again sorry to bother you because I see you are looking for help with parts for yours.I don't own an Echoplex,but I try to get a wanna be sound from my delay unit or a pedal...John S.

2/14/2000 2:54 PM
John S.
Sorry...I hate when this happens!
Wonder why this happens every once in awhile? John

Page 1 of 2 Next> Last Page>>