ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. The sunn still shines online!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Re: Mystic Blue, Electroplex, K&M, Dumble Amps

:
10/8/1999 2:31 PM
Noel Re: Mystic Blue, Electroplex, K&M, Dumble Amps
Have you finished your amp? Will you be updating yout website?  

-N.

10/14/1999 1:05 AM
Stephen
Anyone know how I can get in contact with the makers of the  
Mystic blues amp?

10/14/1999 1:30 AM
Gil Ayan

Well, your best bet is email Bill Morgan, see the post dtaed 10/8/99, since he bought one form the gentleman that makes the Mystics. I can tell you that EJ, Mr. Mystic's name, posted in Vintage Guitars classifieds and on this very same board before, so if you make a new post entitled something like "Need Ordering Information on Mystic Blues," you may hear from him.  

Since you are in Scotland, the Mystic will probably be more convenient for you than then American Dumble clones -- EJ is "somehwere" in northern Europe, I don't know where.  

But, if you'd like to consider some of the American Dumble clones, I am sure they will be glad to ship to the UK as well. I would suggest you consider the new kids on the block, K&M amps, as well as the well-established Bruno Amps. The latter make a Super 100 amp which is said to be beautiful, and Bruno has an excellent reputation and has received nothing but rave reviews over the years.  

The K&M folks are new, but so far the buzz about them is spreading rapidly, so they may make the ultimate amp... I just don't know.  

In any case, be prepared to fork out some serious cash cause none of these amps are cheap by any stretch of the imagination.  

Good luck,  

Gil

10/14/1999 2:03 AM
Steve A.

Gil:  

Anyone know how I can get in contact with the makers of the Mystic blues amp?  

And I was sure that you were going to say: "Take a big whiff and follow the stench!" < g > I admire your restraint in not slagging the competition.  

Steve Ahola

10/14/1999 4:18 AM
Gil Ayan

quote:
"Gil:  

Anyone know how I can get in contact with the makers of the Mystic blues amp?  

And I was sure that you were going to say: "Take a big whiff and follow the stench!" < g > I admire your restraint in not slagging the competition.  

Steve Ahola  
"

Steve.... competition? I am by no means an "amp maker," I happen to have built a couple for personal use because I was cursed once (I guess someone encouraged me to build an amp) and got a taste for doing so -- and I liked it. However, above all -- and barring the fact that I am a EE during the day -- I am, if anything, a guitarist. Read my lips: I won't be building amps to sell to others in this lifetime... But if I ever did, they would cost a fortune because I think that to do things right you have to expend a lot of energy, and I ain't cheap during my time off! :)  

Gil  

PS: Hey, not the "read my lips" the way President Georg Bush used, please :)

10/14/1999 5:17 AM
Steve A.

Gil:  

:"competition"  

You know I accidentally hit the "Submit" button instead of "Preview" for that post while I was trying to think of a better word than "competition"... Besides the issue of you not making amps for sale, I like to think of amp building as being more of a "cooperative" venture than a competitive type of thing. (We are all trying to help each other build killer amps- right?) However, Mystic is in competition with other amp mfgs that you do respect so I stand by the results of my "itchy trigger finger".  

Steve Ahola

10/8/1999 7:45 AM
Bill Morgan

Sorry, I didn't mean to be anonymous.  

Bill  

<<First Page<PrevPage 2 of 3 Next> Last Page>>