ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum.

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Chassis available was Re: Chassis

:
9/21/1999 6:41 PM
Graydon Stuckey
Chassis available was Re: Chassis
Hi guys,  

I can supply those 100 watt amplifier chassis that Gil is talking about.  

The size is as Gil mentioned,  

width = 19"  

height = 2.5"  

depth = 8"  

The material is 1/8" brushed aluminum, punched, folded and welded. There are 8 inserts with 8-32 threads for suspending the chassis in a box. My thought is that I would supply them with the 7 tube holes in the top(4 6L6 and 3 12AX7 sized), and possibly the funky shaped D-hole for the power cord, but the rest could be drilled by you, since 1/4" holes in 1/8" aluminum are very easy to drill by hand. That way you could build your amp with any potentiometer pattern you want, and I don't have to worry about building a different chassis for every guy that comes along.  

If you're interested, let me know. If there are 10 or 15 that are interested, then I can bring the price down a bit, but if only one or two want them, then the price will be a little higher.  

Thanks,  

Graydon D. Stuckey  

GDS Racing  

Flint, MI

Today
ampage
archive
And now, a word from our sponsors:

9/21/1999 8:25 PM
Gil Ayan

quote:
"Hi guys,  

I can supply those 100 watt amplifier chassis that Gil is talking about.  

The size is as Gil mentioned, "

[snip]  

This is just to confirm that my friend Graydon is the person who put me in touch with the chassis shop, and I repetad that I am extremely pleased with the quality of the work.  

So, if you want some chassis, email Graydon. If you have any questions or would like to see piccies, let me know.  

Gil  

9/21/1999 4:58 PM
Scott
Re: Chassis
WeberVST has chassis kits for Tweed clones like 5F6A Bassman, etc. You get a chromed and silkscreened steel chassis, just like originals. You could remove the silkscreening if you want different control layout. Check it out at www.webervst.com.

<<First Page<PrevPage 3 of 3