ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum.

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Re: Replacing trim pots with fixed resistors?

:
8/10/1999 8:12 PM
Jim S.
I've never heard of K&M before. How did you hear of them? Do they have a website yet?  

Jim

Today
ampage
archive
And now, a word from our sponsors:

8/10/1999 8:39 PM
bobCT
Re: K&M Amps
Jim,  

K&M Analog designs can be found at two-rock.com  

There was a review of their amp recently on Harmony-Central. I visited their page a couple of times...looks like they are building some very nice..but pricey...amps.  

Bob

8/10/1999 10:41 PM
Gil Ayan

quote:
"Jim,  

K&M Analog designs can be found at two-rock.com  

There was a review of their amp recently on Harmony-Central. I visited their page a couple of times...looks like they are building some very nice..but pricey...amps.  

Bob  

"

I think it's fair to say these guys are copying Dumbles and producing them. Good for them, it was about someone did something other than copying Tweeds, Marshalls or making plain old shitty sounding amps. :)  

Now, in as much as the concept of copying a Dumble is a great thing, especially if you get it right and add nice things like reverb and an active FX loops (which K&M has apparently done), they could have made the amp look prettier! Their amps look as generic as an amp can look...  

Gil

8/13/1999 10:38 AM
BWilliamson
quote:
"Maybe after people start buying the K&Ms and posting their schematics (he he!) we will all know more about the myterious, ever evolving, Dumble design."

Do they pot? Or should I requote "we will all know more about the myterious, ever evolving, Dumble POTTINGdesign.  

bw

8/12/1999 9:08 PM
Marcel B

To all the dumblecloners,  

I,ve put together my own od special and have come to the tweaking stages.If I put a lot of highs in my clean channel with the bright switch the overdrive sounds way to brittle.If I correct this with the tonestack controls the clean channel is to dull.Iread in your forum somewhere that there is a high of control for the lead channel.Is it for the corrections that I stated before.Has anyone The scematics of this conrol? Also my bass control is very active and allmost acts like a volume control at high settings Any comments and experiences ?  

Marcel B

8/13/1999 2:19 AM
Steve A.

Marcel:  

For your first question, see Gil Ayan's post elsewhere in this thread time-stamped "8/12/99 5:31PM". (Maybe someone else can help you with your second question because I haven't built my Dumble clone yet...)  

Steve Ahola

<<First Page<PrevPage 5 of 5