ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum.

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Schematic for signal generator?

:
5/6/2000 7:44 PM
Steve A.
Schematic for signal generator?
    I'd seen these mentioned here from time to time but could not locate one. I'm looking for something to put out a 1khz sine wave to use with a scope on a guitar amp.  

--Thanks!  

Steve Ahola

Today
ampage
archive
And now, a word from our sponsors:

5/6/2000 8:38 PM
Stan Bailey

Hi Steve,  
Check your e-mail. Simple circuit that gets the job done.  
Stan

5/6/2000 10:02 PM
Steve A.

Stan:  

Thanks! "Cheap and Cheerful" it is... or was that "Cheep and Chirpful"?  

In case anyone else wants the schematic is there an URL that can be posted?  

Steve Ahola

5/7/2000 11:37 PM
Stan Bailey

quote:
"In case anyone else wants the schematic is there an URL that can be posted?"

No, I don't have the URL ( it's been in my schematic file forever). I can e-mail it to anyone who is interested. However, the circuits at R.G.'s and Randall's sites are just as good or better.  
Stan

5/6/2000 11:37 PM
Randall Aiken

I also have one on my site, Steve, under the "DIY" projects section. It is a simple, battery-operated 1kHz sine wave generator with variable output level. Not precision, by any means, but good enough for signal tracing work and easy to build, with a stable output amplitude independent of battery voltage changes.  

Randall Aiken

5/7/2000 4:17 PM
R.G.

Likewise, there's a "Quick and Dirty Oscillator" at GEO, single transistor oscillator that runs from a 9V.  

They're everywhere, they're everywhere!!

5/7/2000 4:38 PM
Randall Aiken

Heh...it just occurred to me that, in keeping with my anti-solidstatism stance, I should have a 1kHz *tube* oscillator schematic on my website, to counteract your solid-state oscillator! :)  

Even worse, my oscillator uses two of the little buggers! Ack!  

RA

Page 1 of 3 Next> Last Page>>