ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum.

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Glass Epoxy or Phenolic boards...where??

:
4/18/2000 9:58 AM
Chris Hogan
Glass Epoxy or Phenolic boards...where??
Anyone know where I can get plain (i.e., no holes in it) 1/8" thick glass epoxy or phenolic boards? I can't seem to find anything other than the stuff made by Vectorboard, which has holes drilled in it for prototyping.  

Thanks,  
Chris

Today
ampage
archive
And now, a word from our sponsors:

4/18/2000 11:44 AM
Chris Hogan
Answered my own question...
...for those interested, look here:  

http://www.mcmaster.com/

4/18/2000 6:08 PM
DaveK

Thanks Chris,just ordered several G-10 boards in blue,black,and tan.No more of that yellow stuff!  

Dave K

4/19/2000 6:40 AM
Steve A.
What thicknesses to order?
Chris mentioned 1/8" which seems to be a bit thick for eyelets (but just right for turrets?) I noticed that the copper clad boards come in 1/32" and 1/16" thicknesses. Any suggestions here?  

--Thanks!  

Steve Ahola

4/19/2000 11:08 AM
Chris Hogan

Keystone makes eyelets with up to 1/4" flange lengths, so I suppose those could be used on boards thicker than 1/8". I haven't seen turrets made for boards > 1/8" thick...but then I haven't seen everything yet. Keystone makes them for 4 board thicknesses from 1/16" to 1/8". I went with the 1/8" for sturdiness.  

Check 'em out here: http://www.keyelco.com/kec/standpro/stdframe.htm  

Chris

4/19/2000 2:03 PM
Steve M.

Steve,  

On the advice of Bruce Collins, I've used 1/16" epoxy G-10 (non copper clad) exclusively. It is half the price of 1/8", and for most applications it is more than thick enough.  

Steve

4/19/2000 4:47 PM
Gil Ayan

quote:
"Chris mentioned 1/8" which seems to be a bit thick for eyelets (but just right for turrets?) I noticed that the copper clad boards come in 1/32" and 1/16" thicknesses. Any suggestions here?  

--Thanks!  

Steve Ahola"

Steve, eyelets come in lengths of up to 1/4" (Mouser catalog). I do use 1/8" boards, and they are a tad thicker than needed, but to me the strudiness of the thing is desirable. Of course, this is for the preamp board only, the rest of the boards in the amps I built on a thinner PCB.  

Gil

Page 1 of 2 Next> Last Page>>