ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Re: Pickguard noise

2/20/2000 1:08 AM
Brad
email
Re: Pickguard noise
Believe it or not, I just had a friend come over, and he was doing the same thing through my Tele's. I just wiped the pickguard with a Bounce sheet, and it eradicated the problem. Kinda made it sticky, but we rubbed it with a towel, and that took the sticky off, and still worked. PLUS, your guitar now smells spring-fresh.  
Brad

2/21/2000 1:30 PM
MKB
email

This is a great post, I have had this problem for decades and just put up with it. It happens with every pickup mount pickguard guitar I have ever owned. I just assumed it was my electrifying riffs (HAHAHAHACHOKE) Actually, I have really dry skin which probably makes it worse. Thanks for the tips!

2/22/2000 10:55 PM
Ron
email

I will try the foil due to a alergy to fabric softners. Thanks again for all the input.

2/23/2000 3:37 PM
Lew Collins
email
Fabric Softener/anti static pads
You know, those little pink spongey pads you put in the drier. Rub your pickguard down with one. Use as needed. I have the same problem here in Colorado. Dry air?

3/2/2000 11:00 PM
M/J
email

You can use bounce or you can wax your pickguard. I used Kyser Dr Stringfellow wax on mine and the static stays gone for months. The bounce is a good fix in a pinch.  

M/J

3/6/2000 5:05 PM
Joe D
email

In a pinch I've rubbed the pickguard down with FastFret.  
Joe

3/6/2000 8:44 PM
marrk
email

I've used eyeglass cleaner that I get from my optometrist for years. It is anti-static and cleans at the same time. Works for me. Mark

<<First Page<Prev Page 2 of 2