ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Sovetek Mods?

9/6/2000 12:35 AM
Robert Monroe
email
Sovetek Mods?
Any good Sovtek mods out there I want to increase the gain a bunch (5150/Soldano)and improve the tone. I would also like to ad a master Volume to the Mig 50. The Sovteks I have heard sound lousy very muddy at high volumes.

9/7/2000 3:29 PM
Trace
email

I had a hard drive crash so I don't that schematic anymore but if you email one I can make some changes to it and email it back to you if you like.  

Trace

9/11/2000 11:51 PM
Carl Z
email

Trace;  

I may be way off base here but I get the feeling that if you send him your mods to that circuit you might just wind up seeing them in his new line of amplifiers he's looking to build and you won't see a red cent. Same exact description of the amp where he's looking for design engineers on one of the other boards here. Watch your ass!  

Carl Z  
(paranoid with a highly tuned bulls**t detector)

9/12/2000 6:37 AM
Bruce
email

quote:
"(paranoid with a highly tuned bulls**t detector)"

Ha ha ha!!  
Good eye Carl.  
I happen to know of a few other builders who lurk here in hopes of sneaking a "peak" at other's work for free.  
And maybe I'm wrong but, an amp building company from El Paso, TX. ... (read that: Cheap Mexican labor) who doesn't know how to install a MV in a Mig50... hee hee.  
Bruce

9/12/2000 11:11 AM
Richie{~}==:::
email

I think that has happened a few times,someone take something you posted or sent them,and then see it used as "there" mod or design.. I know we like to share the knowledge ..but maybe keep a few good bag O tricks for yourself.Kinda like fishermen...not telling what lure they used to catch the big fish..lol..  
Richie{~}==:::

9/13/2000 7:20 PM
Trace
email

Richie, Bruce, Carl  

You may have a good point and I'll take your advice on that topic. Like I said before I don't mind sharing mods with all of you (via email) but this is the most monitered BBS on the entire web when it comes to guitar amps so an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of pain...or something like that (ha, ha)  

Trace

9/13/2000 10:37 PM
Peter S
email

Forgive me for sounding ignorant here, but how can someone who can't design their own mods, or figure out how to install a simple master volume on an a simple Bassman clone be an amp builder?????!!!!!!  

Peter

Page 1 of 5 Next> Last Page>>