ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum.

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

YBA-1 Bassmaster mods

:
5/30/2000 4:22 AM
Sean Kilback
YBA-1 Bassmaster mods
hi guys,  

I've taken the '66 Traynor BassMaster schematic and added all the excellent modifications that I've learned from this group. These are mods I've implimented, tested, and am happy with.  

I did this for myself so I had a schematic that matched my amp, but if anyone else if interested please let me know and I'll email you a copy.  

It'll be here until sometime tomorrow morning:  

http://24.69.124.71/66YBA-1_with_mods_rev1.jpg  

I will be adding to it again in a couple of weeks when more parts come in. :-)  

The modification efforts have really paid off. The amp sounds MUCH better and I'm really enjoying playing through it. I've also learned a heck of a lot!  

Thanks for all the help and encouragement so far!!  

cheers,  
Sean  

Today
ampage
archive
And now, a word from our sponsors:

5/30/2000 6:45 PM
Dean Hazelwanter

I'm on the same quest. I bought a 1969 YBA-1 with 4X10 cabinet at a garage sale for $130 (with original covers). I contacted Yorkville Sound and got a pdf file of all the schematics for the YBA-1. It turned out that mine was a combination of 2 of the schematics. I've done some mods (towards a plexi circuit), and will also be adding a bias pot (waiting on Lord Valve's input). If I had web space, I'd post this .pdf file, as well as my correct, original schematic, and what it's been modified to so far. I sent the .pdf file to JC Maillet, but he hasn't had a chance to add it to his web site yet. If anyone is interested in serving this stuff, or if you would like it emailed to you, let me know.  

BTW: I'm in the process of building a 1X12 combo cabinet to house the chassis in.

5/30/2000 7:15 PM
Jim Jones

Hi Dean,  

I'd be interested in getting that pdf file from you.  

Thanks,  

Jim

5/30/2000 7:17 PM
Sean Kilback

hi Dean,  

Nice to hear from you! I'm very interested in seeing the PDF files, if possible please email them when you get the chance. My YBA-1 is a '65 but was modded in '66 or so when the tube rectifier was replaced with diodes.  

As far as adding a bias pot, some excellent folks from this forum suggested replacing the 56K resistor with a 50k variable resistor and a 27k in series.  

I'm building a 2x10 combo cab for it. I have the speakers (2 Jensen reissue C10Q's) and just ordered the tolex and grillcloth.  

cheers,  
Sean

5/30/2000 7:44 PM
Dean Hazelwanter
Traynor (Yorkville Sound) contact
I just emailed the files.  

BTW, Mike Holman (mholman@yorkville.com) was *very* helpful. He emailed all of his 'official' Traynor YBA-1 info less than an hour after I sent a request!

6/2/2000 12:13 AM
Jim Jones

Hi Dean,  

Thanks for sending the info! Your schematic shows up fine but the pdf doesn't seem to want to co-operate. It maybe a fault on this end but I'm not sure...  

If it's not too much trouble could you resend it?  

Thanks again,  

Jim

6/2/2000 2:46 PM
Dean Hazelwanter

I emailed Sean and yourself with the same message, and Sean was able to read it ok. What version of Acrobat reader are you using? I was having trouble with some documents until I upgraded to v4.0. On the off chance that something got screwed up in transmission, I've re-emailed.  

Let me know if it works this time.

Page 1 of 2 Next> Last Page>>