ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. The sunn still shines online!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

laney vc-30 schematics

:
10/4/2000 7:12 PM
Ivan
laney vc-30 schematics
hello,  
Do anyone have the schematics of the Laney vc-30 guitar combo. I just bought one and like to do some modification to it...  

thanks,  
Ivan

Today
ampage
archive
And now, a word from our sponsors:

10/6/2000 1:23 PM
Paul Bamberg

I have 2 of these amps, within 20 serial numbers of each other. Gig with them every weekend, have performed mods and I have the schematics, block diagrams and part lists (from Laney) for both revisions of this amp. Provide me with your mailing address, and Ill make paper copies and send them to you (dont have a scanner and the copies I have are not the most legable).  
Paul Bamberg

10/6/2000 3:26 PM
Tom

Ivan-  

Not to dis Paul's offer, but you can find that schematic at the Blue Guitar site; ther is a link to it on the home page of Ampage (right side).  

Tom

10/6/2000 7:07 PM
anonymous
I modded mine by replacing the ps caps and cathode bypass caps with films. For the output tubes cathode cap I used a panasonic HF.  

Gus

10/7/2000 5:44 PM
Ivan
Thanks all,  

The schematics on Blue Guitar site is GC-30V and my amp is vc-30. Or are those amps same?  

thanks,  
Ivan

10/7/2000 6:28 PM
Ivan
Re: laney vc-30 schematics and more qs
hello,  

I have couple of more Qs:  

can I put two of four el84 away so that it could give only 15 W output.  

and  

My VC-30 is changing its output level (=volume) sometimes without thouching the knobs. What seems to be the problem? Is there something wrong with the level pot...?  

thanks again,  
Ivan

10/10/2000 4:29 PM
Paul Bamberg
Re: laney vc-30 schematics
My research (according to my schematics and parts list) indicates that the GC-30 was the first revision of an amplifer with the following characteristics: 4 EL84 power output tubes approx 25 watts output using cathode bias, 3 12AX7A tubes used for preamp and PI, shared EQ controls between clean and drive channels, IC driven reverb and EFX loop. 1 12" or 2 10" speaker configurations. Controls are clean volume, bright switch, drive, drive volume, drive/clean selector switch, treble, middle, bass, reverb, effects. Also has an 4/8 ohm speaker selection switch in the back. Visually the amp is grey tolex and looks a liitle bit like a VOX AC30. The second revision of the very same amp was called the VC-30, it looks the same and uses the same circuits with just a few minor changes. The GC-30 schematic on the Blue Guitar WebSite is exactly the same schematic I have and can be used for the VC-30 as well. In a later post I will note the minor differences between the two. I have 2 GC-30 amps within 20 serial#'s, the first is a 1x12 speaker version, the other is a 2x10 version I also have the matching speaker cabs for each of them, which make them look like small micro stacks. Have made electronic mods primarily to the tone stack and mods to the speaker cabs to increase the bass response. Very pleased with the amps.

Page 1 of 2 Next> Last Page>>