ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum.

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Fishpaper gasket material for eyelet boards

:
7/24/2000 5:49 AM
Steve A.
Fishpaper gasket material for eyelet boards
    I have some information of this material and zipped it up as:  

http://www.ampage.org/blueguitar/fishpapr.zip  

The stuff is very easy to work with... cut it with tin snips, drill the holes for the eyelets and then set the eyelets— you got yourself a board!  

--Enjoy!  

Steve Ahola

Today
ampage
archive
And now, a word from our sponsors:

7/26/2000 7:46 AM
Steve A.

Just moving this back up to the top of the stack because a lot of people did ask about it...  

Steve Ahola

7/26/2000 1:00 PM
Mitch

Hi Steve,  
Is the fish paper any thing like the card fender uses in their amps? If it is Ill probabaly want to try it to do my next Humble clone. Thanks.

7/27/2000 8:15 AM
Steve A.

Mitch:  

The fishpaper is supposed to be the same stuff that Fender used for their eyelet boards; the sales rep recommended using gray since the black material contains carbon (which is a conductor). It is also handy because you can write/draw on it with a Sharpie. (As far as I can tell it will not absorb water or moisture, but the top layer will absorb any grease on your fingers... so wash your hands after chowing down on KFC.)  

As for the eyelets. Mouse sells them (my catalog is not handy or I'd post the numbers). I believe that they are 1/8" diameter and you order the shortest ones listed (I bought some of the longer ones by mistake, but I'll figure out a use for them one of these days- I hope!)  

Steve Ahola

7/27/2000 12:51 PM
Mitch

Thanks Steve,  
Ill head on down to the Auto parts store and see if I can get some fish paper. As for the eyelets the local electronics store carries NOS stuff and I found the exact same kind of eyelets in a parts bin that are just like the fender eyelets . they sell for 5 cents each. If im not able to get the fish paper at the parts store where could I find it at?  
Thanks again and Cheers...  

...Mitch

7/28/2000 3:03 AM
Steve A.

Mitch:  

My impression was that you'd need to check out a supplier for industrial gasket material... A 4' x 7' sheet of 1/16" fishpaper will set you back about $50 or $60. (Or so I have heard.)  

Steve Ahola

7/29/2000 9:20 PM
Steve A.
Here's another source for "fishpaper"...
    Here is another company that sells "vulcanized fibre" (the official name for "fishpaper"):  

Oliner Fibre Co Inc  
2391 Vauxhall Rd  
Union, NJ 07083-5036  
Phone: (908) 688-5800

Page 1 of 2 Next> Last Page>>